- Day trip to Uluru (Ayers Rock) and Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) from Alice Springs
- Take short guided walks to Mutitjulu Waterhole and around the base of Uluru, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- See Aboriginal rock art and learn about the legends of Uluru and the Anangu people
- Visit neighboring Kata Tjuta for another guided nature walk
- Admire the stunning Outback scenery on the drive to Uluru with an informative guide
- Be wowed by the changing hues of Uluru during sunset
- Includes breakfast, morning tea, lunch, BBQ dinner with sparkling wine or juice at sunset
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Back on the bus, traverse the remote landscape of endless Outback plains, enjoy a view of Mt Ebenezer and stop for morning tea (typically a cool drink or hot billy tea, served with a lamington, a traditional Aussie cake) at the Mt Conner lookout point. Continue the drive to Uluru, admiring sand ridges covered in desert oak trees and watching for huge road trains (semi trucks pulling several trailers of freight).
When you arrive at Uluru, a UNESCO World Heritage site known as Ayers Rock in English, you’ll take part in several activities that will introduce you to the history, culture and geology of this massive sandstone rock formation. Enjoy guided walks around the entire base of Uluru while learning about its legends; hear about Tjukurpa art on the Mala walk; see Aboriginal rock art on the walk to the Mutitjulu Waterhole; and hear about the customs and bush food of the Anangu people.
Visit the Uluru-Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre to learn more about Aboriginal culture and art, and then head to Kata Tjuta (also known as Mt Olga or the Olgas), the other large rock formation in the national park, for more walking along trails that lead to valleys and secluded watering holes. Return to Uluru in time for sunset, during which you'll soak up the glow of the sinking sun while you sip sparkling wine or juice and feast on a BBQ dinner of meats, salad and bread.
After dinner, make the 6.5-hour drive back to Alice Springs, where your day trip ends.
Absolutely awesome. John and Andrew were informative and entertaining. Yes John was even slightly humorous.haha Would highly recommend Alice Wanderer to all.
Excellent trip into the Outback, with great tour guides and lots of stories. Awesome views of the Uluru and Kata Tjuta. Highly recommend taking this tour!