- Half-day Jerash tour from Amman, led by a knowledgeable local guide
- Explore the ancient city of Jerash on a comprehensive walking tour
- Learn about Jerash’s history and hear of its glory days as a wealthy Decapolis city
- Stop for photos by must-see ruins around the Oval Plaza and Jerash’s colonnaded street
- Relax with a convenient hotel pickup and drop-off service from central Amman
What You Can Expect
On foot, enter through the main city gate and gaze in wonder at the sprawling site spread before you. Founded by Alexander the Great in the 2nd century, Jerash — or Gerasa as it was formerly known — went on to become one of the wealthiest Decapolis cities of the Roman Empire. Today, the city’s lavish ruins of amphitheaters, arches and colonnades hark back to Jerash’s Imperial-era grandeur.
See the Oval Plaza, a forum named for its intriguing shape, and amble down the famous colonnaded street, stopping to take photos by some of the many sights. Pass temples and theaters, and hear historical tales aplenty about the city in its glory days from your guide.
After your walking tour finishes, stroll back to your coach and then relax on the journey back to Amman. Your excursion then ends with a hotel drop-off in the afternoon.