- 4-hour private tour of Madaba and Mt Nebo from Amman
- Visit St George’s Church in Madaba to see the stunning Madaba Mosaic Map
- Admire this intricate 6th-century mosaic map of the ancient Holy Land and Jordan
- See its rich renderings of Jerusalem, the Dead Sea and other famous biblical sites
- Visit Mt Nebo, where the bible says Moses first viewed the Promised Land
- Behold the exquisite Byzantine mosaics uncovered at Mt Nebo’s summit
- Receive personalized attention from your driver and local guides on this private tour
What You Can Expect
This tour was very pleasing indeed and certainly showed us all the areas of interest that we had. The giude / driver was also very willing to engage with us. This was a short tour but certainly filled the bill for us.
well worth doing if you have a few hours spare.
Unfortunately parts of Mount Nebo were closed off for renovations when i went so didnt get to see everything. was also told by the driver that if you come around sunrise or close to then you can see Jerusalem from the mountain
Private car to Baptism site
Our driver arrived promtly at the hotrel and very friendly, spoke great English and provided details about the local area on the drive. The tour includes two stops to explore without guides but at Mount Nebo there are plenty of signs to provide detail. We also made a quick stop at the school where the art of mosiacs is taught. It was a great stop and we really enjoyed getting to see where this work is done. Great sights, but if your time is limited prioritize Petra and Jerash over this, though I recommend if you have a few days.
The "private" aspect of the tour is that a driver takes you from your hotel to the site and back, and pays entry into the site. There you join one of the frequent small group tours between the visitor center and the baptism sites and Jordan River.
Our shuttle bus stopped along the road to look at the Tell a-Kharrar/Elijah's hill site from a distance and thru the bus windows for a couple minutes. No one was let off the bus, let alone go actually visit the site.
Then we continued on to the baptism site area, where we had the better part of the hour to walk through that area with a very informative guide.
I would have given this just 3 stars given the poor handling of the Elijah's Hill area, but I think most people come here for the baptism/Jordan River sites and will be satisfied with how that portion was handled.
Seeing Madaba and Mount Nebo was good but brief. The tour didn't represent good value for money. It was easily do-able from Amman by taxi, which would have cost a lot less.