- 5-hour private sightseeing tour of Madaba, Mt Nebo and Amman
- View the celebrated Madaba Mosaic Map at St George’s Church in Madaba
- Inspect its stunning 6th-century depiction of the Holy Land and Jerusalem
- Absorb the views from Mt Nebo, where Moses is said to have seen the Promised Land
- Ogle the Byzantine floor mosaics unearthed at Mt Nebo’s summit
- See the highlights of Amman, including the hilltop Citadel and Roman theater
- Receive personalized attention from your driver on this private tour
What You Can Expect
After around an hour, arrive at St George’s Church, the 19th-century basilica in the heart of the town. This famous church houses the Madaba Mosaic Map, an intricately detailed floor mosaic of the Holy Land believed to have been created in the 6th century AD.
Admire the church interior and marvel at the stunning floor map, with its evocative depictions of ancient Jerusalem, Jericho and lands including the Lebanon, Sinai and Egypt.
Continue to Mt Nebo, the hill where Moses is believed to have gazed out over the Promised Land. Absorb the sweeping views over the Dead Sea and Jordan Valley, and visit the Byzantine church on the summit to see its fabled mosaics. Behold the luminous pieces of early art and their vivid recreations of animals, people and hunting and winemaking scenes.
Return to Amman for a tour of the city’s highlights. Drive around the downtown area past animated markets, churches and mosques, and pass King Hussein’s palace, where the late, revered king is laid to rest.
Discover the Roman, Byzantine and Islamic-era ruins of Amman Citadel, and gaze in awe at the Roman amphitheater, carved into a hillside in the 2nd century BC and the most important remnant of Amman’s predecessor, the Roman city of Philadelphia.
Your tour then concludes back at your hotel.