- 1.5-hour sightseeing cruise around Amsterdam harbor or IJ in Dutch
- Admire the stunning architecture, from historical warehouses to futuristic buildings
- Glide past Amsterdam Central Station, the glass Muziekgebouw concert hall and postmodern Java Island
- See the Eye Film Institute and impressive cruise ships at the cruise port
- Listen to informative commentary from the live guide
- Learn about the harbor's history as the base of the Dutch East India Company
- Enjoy drinks and snacks from the onboard bar (own expense)
What You Can Expect
Then, relax and let the sights of the historical port, whose origins date to the 13th century, drift by. As you sail, listen to the informative commentary from the live guide and hear how the IJ was the home port and shipyard of the Dutch East India Company — once one of the world's most powerful trading companies — during the Dutch Golden Age of the 17th century.
Admire the Neo-Renaissance façade of Amsterdam Central Station, see the striking, glass-fronted Muziekgebouw concert hall and pass historical warehouses and docks, the arty NDSM wharf, and the postmodern canal houses of Java Island.
Order drinks and snacks from the onboard bar (own expense) and snap photos of the geometric Eye Film Institute building and the REM island restaurant, built on a former helicopter deck. Keep your camera ready, too, as you pass the palatial cruise ships docked at the cruise port and the harbor's replica of a 19th-century tall-mast ship.
After about 1.5 hours of sailing, return to the original departure point where your cruise ends.
Excellent way to see the city
OK tour around ... needs more sights for interest.
Disappointed, not what I expected......wish the description had been a little more detailed!!!!! We were not interested in the industrial area at all.