- Delight in the Amsterdam Light Festival on this holiday canal cruise with mulled wine and a classic Dutch dish
- Witness 30 light projections and installations by international artists during the second Amsterdam Light Festival
- Pass Amsterdam landmarks including the Amstel river, Skinny Bridge and City Hall
- Listen to audio commentary about the light sculptures you see on your 75-minute evening cruise
- Festival runs from December 6, 2013 through January 19, 2014
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Only for a short time once a year do you have the opportunity to see Amsterdam magically transformed into a city of light! Do not miss out on this unique chance!
What You Can Expect
Thirty works of art using light were selected from the more than 300 entries for this year's festival, which centers on the theme 'Building with Light.' Listen to audio commentary in English and Dutch about the mesmerizing light sculptures and projections you pass and the creative artists who designed them. You'll also see major Amsterdam attractions such as the Amstel River, Skinny Bridge (Magere Brug), City Hall and Oudezijds Voorburgwal -- the oldest canal in Amsterdam.
Keep warm by indulging in a hearty meal of green pea soup -- one of the signature dishes of the Netherlands -- and rye bread with bacon. As you make your way through Amsterdam's famous canals, soak up the festive atmosphere evoked by the stunning light sculptures that will inspire wonder in young and old alike. Your 75-minute cruise through the Amsterdam Light Festival concludes at Central Station.