Numbers are limited to 16 on this small-group cruise excursion, ensuring you’ll see everything with personalized attention from a guide.
- Full-day shore excursion to Alida Hoeve cheese farm and Zuiderzeemuseum in Enkhuizen
- Travel toward Volendam for a cheese farm tour
- Sample Edam and Gouda cheeses plus see a clog-making demonstration
- Explore a reconstructed Zuiderzee fishing village and sample smoked fish at Enkhuizen’s Zuiderzeemuseum
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 16 ensures a more personalized experience
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
Travel north to the coastal village of Enkhuizen, and then board a boat for your 10-minute ride across the bay to Zuiderzeemuseum – a unique indoor-and-outdoor museum that documents the area’s maritime history and cultural heritage. Explore indoors at leisure, seeing artifacts like regional dresses, and then head outside for a guided tour. Set up to resemble an authentic Zuiderzee fishing village, the outdoor area contains a church, several houses, village shops, and even a smokehouse – where you can sample traditional smoked fish if you wish.
At the end of your museum tour, enjoy a break to take lunch (own expense) and look around further at your own pace. Zuiderzeemuseum has two cafés, a self-service restaurant and chip stands, so there’s a large selection of food for you to choose from!
Meet your guide at a pre-arranged point, and then hop back on board your coach for your journey back to the cruise terminal.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Amsterdam port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.