- 5-hour shore excursion to Zaanse Schans, Volendam and Marken from Amsterdam
- Scenic drive through the Dutch countryside
- See the windmills of Zaanse Schans and visit a traditional clog-maker
- Admire the fishing villages of Marken and Volendam
- Enjoy a 20-minute boat trip (summer only)
- Visit a Dutch cheese farm
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
Next, visit the world-famous fishing villages of Volendam and Marken, on the coast of the former Zuiderzee (now called Ijselmeer). In these authentic villages, the old wooden houses are built on stilts and locals still wear their colorful traditional dresses. To get from Volendam to Marken, take a 20-minute boat ride, with approximately 45 minutes at each stop (summer only).
During your tour, you'll also stop at one of the few farms where cheese is still made in the traditional Dutch way.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
This excursion is located within a 20-minute walk to the cruise port, so you determine the time you return to your ship in Amsterdam. Please allow yourself ample time to enjoy the excursion and ensure your timely return to the port. This excursion is not covered by our worry-free policy.
Defo worth doing as the windmills were quaint and the clog factory great. The cheese tasting was also a must do. Get to the bus early and grab a seat upstairs at the front for the best viwes on route.
Another good day, but would have preferred more time in Volendam.