Book this trip and save over 12% compared to booking the two tours separately!
- Full-day tour combining the highlights of Amsterdam, Zaanse Schans, Volendam and Marken
- See Amsterdam highlights including the Royal Palace, National Monument, bridges, market and traditional gabled houses
- Learn how authentic Dutch wooden shoes are made by visiting a clog-maker in Marken
- Delight in the picturesque fishing villages of Marken and Volendam
- Visit a Dutch cheese factory where you will learn how cheese is made
- Enjoy an evening cruise along Amsterdam’s UNESCO-listed canals in a glass-topped boat (optional; summer only)
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
The ideal choice if you want to cover the highlights of Amsterdam and the Dutch countryside in one day — plus you'll save some serious cash! If you're up for more, cruise along the city's canals in the evening.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Wonderful WindmillsPhoto by: CLARE C
- VolendamPhoto by: ALFRED D
- Zaanse Schans WindmillsPhoto by: Anonymous
- Wooden Shoes FactoryPhoto by: Mahendra C
India, 11 2009
- Amsterdam City TourPhoto by: Denise R
USA, 11 2009
- Zaanse Schans WindmillsPhoto by: Sue A
- Les moulins à VolendamPhoto by: Josef K
- Inside of WindmillPhoto by: Fakhrul Radzi B
- Windmill VillagePhoto by: Fakhrul Radzi B
- Cheese FactoryPhoto by: Fakhrul Radzi B
- Wooden Shoe MakingPhoto by: Fakhrul Radzi B
- In HavendijkjePhoto by: Fakhrul Radzi B
- Windmill VillagePhoto by: Fakhrul Radzi B
- VolendamPhoto by: Babika
Schweiz, 09 2014
- Precioso el pueblo de los ...Photo by: Luciano T
- A Short Trip to Zaans SchansPhoto by: GimmeJimme
- VolendamPhoto by: Anthony B
USA, 07 2013
- a very nice placePhoto by: ALFRED D
- explosion de couleursPhoto by: sergiobest
- windmills againPhoto by: Bostocks
Australia, 02 2013
What You Can Expect
Begin your day with a sightseeing tour of the historic city of Amsterdam. Travel by comfortable, air-conditioned coach and see top attractions including the Royal Palace and National Monument, Albert Cuyp Market, the Skinny Bridge, and beautiful gabled houses lining the banks of the UNESCO-listed canals. Visit a diamond factory and watch how the gems are polished using traditional methods. Enjoy ample time for lunch in Amsterdam before your afternoon tour starts.
Zaanse Schans Windmills, Marken and Volendam Half-Day Trip (5.5 hours):
Together with your guide, travel through the Dutch countryside to the windmill village of Zaanse Schans. See the town and snap photos of its colorful windmills. Then, continue to Volendam and Marken, authentic fishing villages with wooden houses built on stilts and residents who wear vibrantly hued traditional clothes. During this afternoon, you’ll watch a local clog-maker make traditional wooden shoes, and stop by a Dutch cheese factory for a demonstration of how cheese is made. Afterward, enjoy transport back to Amsterdam.
Optional Amsterdam Canal Cruise with Fast-Track Ticket (1 hour, summer only)
If you've upgraded your Super Saver package to include the canal cruise, board your glass-topped boat in central Amsterdam, bypassing any lines, and settle into your seat to begin your 1-hour evening journey around the city's UNESCO World Heritage canal district. Glide alongside leafy banks and quaint houseboats, and pass highlights including the Anne Frank House, the Golden Bend district with its stately manor houses, and merchant houses built during Amsterdam’s Golden Age of the 16th and 17th centuries. Along the way, hear illuminating facts about Amsterdam’s history from the onboard audio commentary.
Our family two adults, two children aged 6 and 8 really enjoyed this day trip. We were wowed by the windmills in Zaanse Schans, loved Volendam and its charm, the ferry ride to Marken and spending time on the island. We loved watching the clogs being made, the city tour was super informative and we opted for the canal ride as well, which was a nice, slower pace. All in all a great day, with a fantastic guide and would recommend.
Great tour. Covered all the salient features of Amsterdam in a day. Coach was comfortable.The guides were excellent. There was enough time to spend by ourselves. Overall, we had a great and satisfied time!!
It was a wonderful experience. Amsterdam is such a beautiful place wouldnt mind going again. The tour was excellent
Full fun day, beautiful scenery, we had a good guide, Diana!
Despite a rainy day it was a great trip. In sunny weather I am certain it would be a fabulous outing.
We highly recommend this tour. The tour guide was very friendly and knowledgeable and the bus very comfortable. All parts of the tour were very good and we very much enjoyed the Zaans Schans Windmills. Volendam and Marken were also great places to visit.
Excellent bus tour of the city of Amsterdam. The Zaanse Schans Windmills and villiage visit was very good, however it would have been better to have more free time. We saw the windmill demo but wanted some more time to wander the village. Add an hour there! Marken time - perfect. Could cut that down by 10-15 since it is a short demo and then just shopping in that one store. Volendam was interesting and again wish we had more time to explore here. The cheese demo was very simple and we should have used that time to visit other things in the town.
A good trip.
Very nice trip and beautiful landscape.
Excellent Voldam was the highlight
$86.21 Save $10.49