Book this trip and save over 13% compared to booking the tours separately
- Full-day trip from Amsterdam to the Zaanse Schans windmills, Delft and The Hague
- Take pictures of the famous Zaanse Schans windmills and visit a local clog-maker
- Soak up the local color of the fishing villages of Marken and Volendam
- Admire the Netherlands' exquisite Delft pottery at the Royal Delft factory and museum
- Tour The Hague's historic landmarks and Parliament buildings
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
This is an economical way to see as much as possible outside Amsterdam. My favorite part? The gorgeous Delft pottery!
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Marken and Volendam villagesPhoto by: Nishant S
- The HaguePhoto by: Nathalie B
- Delft pottery visitPhoto by: Nathalie B
- Zaanse SchansPhoto by: Nathalie B
- Trip to Hollad 2010 101Photo by: Susan D
- Beautiful WindmillsPhoto by: Gwen R
USA, 08 2009
- visite des moulinsPhoto by: Georges R
- Visite des moulins à ventPhoto by: Georges R
- markenPhoto by: NUR FARHANA J
- Zaanse SchansPhoto by: NUR FARHANA J
- Zaanse Schans villagePhoto by: Tony V
- CITY LIFE :-Photo by: Jacques D
- Cheese shopPhoto by: Jacques D
- Netherlands way of life to ...Photo by: Jacques D
- Welcome to the NetherlandsPhoto by: Jacques D
- Me and my wife at the millsPhoto by: deluca00
- How to make a clogPhoto by: Renee M
- A flavour of VolendamPhoto by: Indranil D
- A view from the top!Photo by: Pamela P
- Houses in VolendamPhoto by: Sara B
What You Can Expect
On arrival at Zaanse Schans, a lovely town on the Zaan River, marvel at a postcard-perfect scene of wooden windmills dating back to the 17th-century. Snap photos of these iconic symbols of traditional Dutch life, then pass by old-time storefronts, including a visit to a local shoemaker that makes classic wooden clogs.
Next, you'll drive to the quaint fishing village of Volendam, where you may see locals who still wear traditional Dutch clothing. Include a visit to a local cheese factory for a demonstration and a sampling of its dairy production.
Take the 20-minute ferry boat to nearby Marken, another traditional fishing town. Admire its characteristic wooden stilt houses before your 5.5-hour morning tour ends. Then continue by coach to each destination on your afternoon tour.
Delft, The Hague and Madurodam Half-Day Tour (Afternoon) Start your 5.5-hour tour with a drive to the picturesque town of Delft. Learn how Holland’s blue-and-white Delft pottery is produced at the Royal Delft, the last remaining earthenware factory from the Golden Age of the 17th century. View a large collection of Delft antiques at the museum and marvel at a likeness of Rembrandt's The Night Watch reproduced with original Delft blue tiles.
With roughly 30 minutes to explore the historic city center independently, meander past landmarks such as the Oostpoort (Eastern Gate), Waag (Weigh House), Oude Kerk (Old Church) and Nieuwe Kerk (New Church).
Back aboard the coach, continue to The Hague, the former capital of the Netherlands and its third largest city. Pass by Noordeinde Palace and the Houses of Parliament on a coach tour of the seat of the Dutch Parliament. Then make a photo stop at the Peace Palace, which houses the International Court of Justice.
Hear insightful commentary about the significance of these sites before continuing on to Madurodam, a famous miniature park. Marvel at scale models of Holland attractions replicated in minute detail, including Amsterdam’s canal houses, the Alkmaar cheese market, spinning windmills and the world’s largest miniature railway.
Your Super Saver tour of the Netherlands ends with the return to central Amsterdam in the evening.
Slightly tight on time as there are two separate trips back to back . Early start of 8:45 AM really helped withought feeling hassled . Guides were good on the morning trip and magnificient on the after noon trip to Hague and Delft . We got about 45 minutes to spend in Maduradom which felt a bit tight and possibly some more time can be given here .
A full day of great sites.
Wish we had more time at Windmills and Volendam.
Nice experience of the Dutch windmills, Delft pottery and the detailed miniatures of Madurodam.
It was well organized. The tour guide Mr Edgar was excellent. He gave us good info and we had enough time for sight seeing and to take pictures. the bus had GPS connected ear phones which was new to us. Would highly recommend for someone who wants to have quick tour of these places. Its impossible to do it using public transport
Vintage Netherlands...4 star 1 star for madorodam
excellent from pickup guided tour bus and well informed and pleasant guide. tour company bus and people nice and immaculate, wellinformedtour guides very professional
the tour was great, its worth it,
We loved this tour. My partner described it as the Netherlands in a day and we definitely covered a lot of ground. The windmills area was very atmospheric and seeing a windmill producing oil was interesting. I loved the visit to Delft and we had an excellent lunch in Volendam at the restaurant suggested by the guide. Highly recommended.
A fantastic way to get a taste of the real Netherlands. Fantastic, knowledgeable tour guide and comfortable coach. A great day jam-packed with wonderful experiences
The guide was fantastic and she made it lots of fun. Very good value for money.
$111.86 Save $14.84