- Day trip through the Netherlands’ countryside from Amsterdam
- Experience traditional Dutch culture, folklore and craftsmanship with stops in four authentic villages
- Walk the charming streets of Marken and visit a wooden shoemaker
- Take a boat ride to Volendam, with coffee and pastries included on board
- Enjoy lunch and dress up in traditional Dutch costumes in Volendam
- Taste Edam’s famous cheese and see one of the Netherlands’ largest churches, the Grote Kerk
- See the famous windmills of Zaanse Schans
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
This all-inclusive tour is a fantastic way to experience Holland's countryside! Everything is taken care of, including lunch, cheese tastings, a boat ride with coffee and pastries, walking tours and entrance fees.
What You Can Expect
Your first stop is Marken, a small fishing town known for preserving traditional Dutch culture. Take a walking tour along the charming streets while learning about the history of this special place. You’ll also visit a wooden shoemaker to see a craftsman busy at work, demonstrating the fine skill of wooden shoemaking.
Your next stop is Edam, a gem in the heart of North Holland. This little town is famous for its cheese, which has been enjoyed around the world for centuries. Savor the flavor of Edam during a cheese tasting at a local cheese shop. Not only is Edam famous for cheese, it also has a rich history as a former shipyard and is home to one of the Netherlands’ largest churches, the Grote Kerk, which you’ll see on your walking tour. Wander the cobblestone streets and gaze upon the quaint homes and bridges along Edam’s canals – it’s like taking a stroll through a Dutch postcard.
From Edam, continue your scenic drive through the countryside to the province of Zaandam, where you’ll visit the neighborhood of Zaanse Schans. This famous area is home to a wonderful collection of well-preserved, historic windmills. The area also has picturesque homes, wooden barns and scenic meadows for you to see. Visit one of the windmills by foot, exploring the inside to discover the importance of this Dutch icon up-close.
Zaanse Schans completes your authentic Dutch excursion. You’ll then make your way back to Amsterdam.