We are currently working on next winter season's rate. Please check back at a later date.
- Admire the stunning Amsterdam Light Festival on this holiday canal cruise with mulled wine
- Observe 30 light sculptures and projections by international artists during the second Amsterdam Light Festival
- See major Amsterdam sights including the Amstel River, Skinny Bridge and Oudezijds Voorburgwal.
- Hear audio commentary about the vibrant light sculptures you pass on your 75-minute evening cruise
- Festival runs from December 6, 2013 through January 19, 2014
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
A unique opportunity you should not miss! The light sculptures are breathtaking and it will be a night to remember!
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
'Building with Light' is this year's theme, and 30 sculptures were selected from more than 300 entries to enliven the dark winter nights of Amsterdam. As you cruise among the wondrous light sculptures and projections, listen to audio commentary in English and Dutch on the various works and the artists who made them. Some works use cutting-edge new lighting technologies while others take a simpler approach.
You'll also view city landmarks including the Amstel River, Skinny Bridge (Magere Brug), City Hall and Oudezijds Voorburgwal -- the oldest canal in Amsterdam. Enjoy the cozy atmosphere on your cruise as you admire unique and compelling works of art lighting up the night. Your family-friendly, 75-minute cruise through the Amsterdam Light Festival concludes at Central Station.
Brilliant tour. Although we did wait in line to board the boat for like 50 minutes in the cold and we didn't receive our mulled wine. The tour was enjoyable and education. The boat does steam up so viewing does become a problem but we sat right at the back where the hot air vents kept out windows clear