- Admire the stunning Amsterdam Light Festival on this holiday canal cruise
- Observe 30 light sculptures and projections by international artists during the Amsterdam Light Festival
- See major Amsterdam sights including the Amstel River, Skinny Bridge and Oudezijds Voorburgwal.
- Hear audio commentary about the vibrant light sculptures you pass on your 75-minute evening cruise
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
A unique opportunity you should not miss. The light sculptures are breathtaking and it will be a night to remember.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Wheel of LightPhoto by: Jo T
- Crochet in LightsPhoto by: Jo T
- Heart AmsterdamPhoto by: Jo T
- Boats; real and imaginedPhoto by: Jo T
- Beautiful light installationPhoto by: Jo T
- light festival artworkPhoto by: celal o
- One of the pretty lightsPhoto by: Caryl W
What You Can Expect
This was pretty, especially at Christmas time to see the lights at night and from the water. The boat was spacious and comfortable. Had a great time. I would recommend this trip.
I would highly recommend this trip; it was gorgeous and very interesting. My only complaint was the continual queuing, as the Viator ticket needed to be exchanged for one of the tour operators own. This took ages and it would've been just as easy to queue and buy one on site.
Brilliant tour. Although we did wait in line to board the boat for like 50 minutes in the cold and we didn't receive our mulled wine. The tour was enjoyable and education. The boat does steam up so viewing does become a problem but we sat right at the back where the hot air vents kept out windows clear
This was our first canal cruise and it was terrific. The staff were wonderful, from checking in at the office to the captain on the boat. The boat was comfortable (we are very tall) and the audio quality was clear and informative. I highly recommend this company and encourage first timers to Amsterdam to take a cruise early during their stay. This is a great introduction to the city. Thank you!!
Good commentary, quick trip on canal. You can open window if want to take pictures.
Very experienced, accommodating staff. Lovely experience to take a break from the weather and the walking while still seeing the city from a different perspective.
Thank you for the trip :
The trip was great with interesting commentary and no waiting to get on the boat (we went approx. 6.15pm on a friday). we had hoped to see a few more light sculptures but enjoyed the ones there.
Pretty and a warm way to see the lights and sights!
We didn't go on the tour we booked as there was a 2 hour queue. We simply weren't in Amsterdam long enough to spend 2 hours of it queuing! Fortunately the tour operator allowed us to exchange our vouchers for a day time canal trip, which we really enjoyed, and actually decided was probably better than an evening trip seeing the lights, as it was a really nice way to see the city.