We are currently working on next winter season's rates. Please check back at a later date.
- Admire the stunning Amsterdam Light Festival on this holiday canal cruise
- Observe 30 light sculptures and projections by international artists during the second Amsterdam Light Festival
- See major Amsterdam sights including the Amstel River, Skinny Bridge and Oudezijds Voorburgwal.
- Hear audio commentary about the vibrant light sculptures you pass on your 75-minute evening cruise
- Festival runs from November 27, 2014, through January 18, 2015
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
A unique opportunity you should not miss. The light sculptures are breathtaking and it will be a night to remember.
Recent Photos of This Tour
Wheel of LightPhoto by: Jo T
Crochet in LightsPhoto by: Jo T
Heart AmsterdamPhoto by: Jo T
Boats; real and imaginedPhoto by: Jo T
Beautiful light installationPhoto by: Jo T
light festival artworkPhoto by: celal o
One of the pretty lightsPhoto by: Caryl W
What You Can Expect
'Building with Light' is this year's theme, and 30 sculptures were selected from more than 300 entries to enliven the dark winter nights of Amsterdam. As you cruise among the wondrous light sculptures and projections, listen to audio commentary in English and Dutch on the various works and the artists who made them. Some works use cutting-edge new lighting technologies while others take a simpler approach.
You'll also view city landmarks including the Amstel River, Skinny Bridge (Magere Brug), City Hall and Oudezijds Voorburgwal — the oldest canal in Amsterdam. Enjoy the cozy atmosphere on your cruise as you admire unique and compelling works of art lighting up the night. Your family-friendly, 75-minute cruise through the Amsterdam Light Festival concludes at Central Station.
I would highly recommend this trip; it was gorgeous and very interesting. My only complaint was the continual queuing, as the Viator ticket needed to be exchanged for one of the tour operators own. This took ages and it would've been just as easy to queue and buy one on site.