- Amsterdam museum tour and canal cruise
- Gain skip-the-line entry to both the Van Gogh Museum and Rijksmuseum for guided tours
- Admire the largest collection of Van Gogh’s artwork in the world
- See thousands of celebrated Dutch artworks at the Rijksmuseum
- Take a boat cruise along Amsterdam's picturesque UNESCO World Heritage-listed canals
- Enjoy a light lunch on board as you pass typical Dutch bridges and gabled houses
- Group tour limited to 20 people ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
- RijkmuseumPhoto by: gschw1226
- Exposition Porcelaine de ...Photo by: Schaffhauser M
- Empty Tulip fieldsPhoto by: Debbie N
- Beheaded TulipsPhoto by: Debbie N
- RijksmuseumPhoto by: kxxlewis
- Still Life RijksmuseumPhoto by: James W
- Strings in RijksmuseumPhoto by: James W
- Amsterdam Canal CruisePhoto by: James W
What You Can Expect
Inside, an art historian–guide takes your group, limited to 20 people, to select paintings by Van Gogh and provides fascinating background on the artist’s life. You’ll see the work of those who inspired Van Gogh throughout various displays of art by other 19th-century painters. After the tour, enjoy free time to explore more of the museum that houses the world’s largest collection of works by Van Gogh, with more than 200 paintings as well as numerous drawings and letters.
Then, appreciate Amsterdam's outdoor beauty with a 1.5-hour boat tour along the city's UNESCO-listed canals. Enjoy a light lunch aboard as you drift past picturesque canal houses, bridges, classic Dutch gables, churches, towers and other waterfront delights.
Disembark and continue to the Rijksmuseum, a Dutch national museum dedicated to the arts and history of the Netherlands. Enjoy skip-the-line privileges and head straight inside the recently renovated museum, with an collection of one million items, with 8,000 on display in 80 galleries. Admire and learn about masterpieces such as Vermeer’s Milkmaid and Rembrandt’s Night Watch.
Your final stop is at Coster Diamonds, one of the oldest diamond polishing factories still operating today and where the guided portion of the tour ends. Your guide gives you an entrance ticket to the Diamond Museum, which you will explore independently.
Very nice tour with a smart guide!
It was a great tour. It condensed the museums and boat ride into just the one day that I was in Amsterdam. No museum lines and wasted time! Lunch in the Van Gogh museum was just enough. Our guide Pieter was very knowledgable and informative. A good guide!! Zoe Treaster, California
Very knowledgeable tour guide, lunch cruise was relaxing and bagged lunch was very good, highly recommend this tour
This tour made efficient use of our time and the cruise and lunch on board were very enjoyable. Our guide, Steven, was knowledgeable and very entertaining. I would recommend taking this tour to anyone who has to cover Amsterdam in a short amount of time.
Excellent experience...took two more tours as a result.
Tour left on time, guide was informative, charming, organized. We did exactly as described....Van Gogh Museum no lines for us, canal tour, pleasant lunch, then Rijksmuseum. Schedule was reasonable and we kept to it. Highlights of museums seen and decribed.
Tour was exactly what we would have hoped for from all aspects.
Great surprise!!! Would definetely recommend.
Being able to experience both of these museums plus a canal tour in such an efficient way was most enjoyable. We had an excellent guide who shared her knowledge of art and the city with us.
Great tour guide and tons of info that you would never get otherwise.
Excellent guide Very interesting tour
It was wonderful. Our tourist guide was so knowledgeable. She made us see the maximum in the little time we had in Amsterdam.
We had an excellent guide. He was very knowledgeable and passionate about both museums. The canal cruise was very enjoyable as well.