- Amsterdam museum tour and canal cruise
- Gain skip-the-line entry to both the Van Gogh Museum and Rijksmuseum for guided tours
- Admire the largest collection of Van Gogh’s artwork in the world
- Enjoy lunch at the Van Gogh Museum
- See thousands of celebrated Dutch artworks at the Rijksmuseum
- Take a boat cruise along Amsterdam's picturesque UNESCO World Heritage-listed canals
- Group tour limited to 20 people ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
- RijkmuseumPhoto by: gschw1226
- Exposition Porcelaine de ...Photo by: Schaffhauser M
- Empty Tulip fieldsPhoto by: Debbie N
- Beheaded TulipsPhoto by: Debbie N
- RijksmuseumPhoto by: kxxlewis
- Still Life RijksmuseumPhoto by: James W
- Strings in RijksmuseumPhoto by: James W
- Amsterdam Canal CruisePhoto by: James W
What You Can Expect
Inside, an art historian–guide takes your group, limited to 20 people, to select paintings by Van Gogh and provides fascinating background on the artist’s life. You’ll see the work of those who inspired Van Gogh throughout various displays of art by other 19th-century painters. After the tour, enjoy free time to explore more of the museum that houses the world’s largest collection of works by Van Gogh, with more than 200 paintings as well as numerous drawings and letters. Lunch will be at the Van Gogh Museum once you have had time to explore.
Then, appreciate Amsterdam's outdoor beauty with a 75 minute boat tour along the city's UNESCO-listed canals. Enjoy the view as you drift past picturesque canal houses, bridges, classic Dutch gables, churches, towers and other waterfront delights.
Disembark and continue to the Rijksmuseum, a Dutch national museum dedicated to the arts and history of the Netherlands. Enjoy skip-the-line privileges and head straight inside the recently renovated museum, with an collection of one million items, with 8,000 on display in 80 galleries. Admire and learn about masterpieces such as Vermeer’s Milkmaid and Rembrandt’s Night Watch.
Your final stop is at Coster Diamonds, one of the oldest diamond polishing factories still operating today and where the guided portion of the tour ends. Your guide gives you an entrance ticket to the Diamond Museum, which you will explore independently.
The guide TRINKE was terrific. She knew art history and could explain it in a coherent manner.
The museum tours were wonderful and our guide added so much to the tours. The lunch was fine. We could have skipped the boat ride since we had two other similar boat rides while we were in Amsterdam We would have enjoyed a little more free time at the museums instead of the boat ride.
Guide was knowable on art maters. pace was just right.
except I got lost walking back to the Hilton
Great tour and excellent Guide.
Get Pieter. He made the day. Definitely do the tour if you really want to learn about Rembrandt and and #34;Vincent and #34; as well as some Dutch history.
An excellent tour great value for money. Pieter our tour guide was very knowledgeable and engaging, he kept us focused on the important works of art associated with the city.we would certainly recommend this tour and use Viator again.
Our tour guide was excellent. Both museums were definitely worthwhile.
If you are limited on time and want a truly memorable day in Amsterdam then this tour is for you. Both the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum are a must if in Amsterdam. This tour allows you to move past the long lines with your guide and enter the museums directly. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable with a sense of humor. Lunch was very light-- however, you have the option of purchasing additional food if you want. The canal cruise provided some much needed time off your feet and was very informative.
Great tour. Knowledgeable guide by the name Pieter