Numbers are limited to 12 on this small-group tour, ensuring you’ll see top Amsterdam attractions with personalized attention from a guide.
- 3-hour Amsterdam walking tour including a cheese tasting with wine
- Learn about Amsterdam’s prosperity and affluence during the Golden Age
- Stroll around the city’s medieval center, admiring the canals and attractions like the Old Church (Oude Kerk)
- Visit a cheese shop to learn about Dutch cheese production and then sample a selection with wine
- Upgrade to include an Amsterdam canal cruise with your tour
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 12 people ensures a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
The city’s period of prosperity covered the 17th century, when Dutch ships controlled most of the sea trade around Europe – almost monopolizing the fishing industry in the North Sea. At one point the country had more merchant ships than other European countries combined, and Amsterdam became a key trade city for transporting goods via its network of canals.
Stroll around the canal belt, seeing places of interest relating to the Golden Age, as well as Amsterdam attractions like the Old Church (Oude Kerk) and Amsterdam Museum – housed in a beautiful civic building.
After exploring, head inside a traditional cheese shop to learn about cheese production in the city, and, of course, to sample the wares! Enjoy a selection of artisan cheeses along with a glass of wine to complement the flavors. Your tour finishes here, but you can stay longer if you wish to shop for cheese and explore the shop.
Tour and Cruise:
Upgrade to include a canal cruise ticket with your tour, and see Amsterdam’s countless sights from the water. Your canal ticket will be given to you after your walking tour finishes, and it can be enjoyed on any date (not necessarily on the day of your tour). Cruise through the city on a tour lasting 1 hour and 15 minutes, seeing top Amsterdam attractions such as Holland Casino, Anne Frank House, Central Station, Rembrandt House and Vondel Park.