Numbers are limited to 16 on this small-group tour, ensuring you’ll see everything with personalized attention from a guide.
- Full-day trip to Alida Hoeve cheese farm and Zuiderzeemuseum in Enkhuizen
- Leave Amsterdam and travel toward Volendam for a cheese farm tour
- Sample famous Edam and Gouda cheeses and then watch a clog-making demonstration
- Explore a reconstructed Zuiderzee fishing village and sample traditional smoked fish at Zuiderzeemuseum in Enkhuizen
- Return to Amsterdam to enjoy a sightseeing cruise on the city canals
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 16 ensures a more personalized experience
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
In Amsterdam there are lots of big group tours and this is one of the few small-group tours in the destination! Perfect tour to escape the city and learn more about the Dutch culture and people.
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Travel north to the coastal village of Enkhuizen, and then board a boat for your 10-minute ride across the bay to Zuiderzeemuseum – a unique indoor-and-outdoor museum that documents the area’s maritime history and cultural heritage. Explore indoors at leisure, seeing artifacts like regional dresses, and then head outside for a guided tour. Set up to resemble an authentic Zuiderzee fishing village, the outdoor area contains a church, several houses, village shops, and even a smokehouse – where you can sample traditional smoked fish if you wish.
At the end of your museum tour, enjoy a break to take lunch (own expense) and look around further at your own pace. Zuiderzeemuseum has two cafés, a self-service restaurant and chip stands, so there’s a large selection of food for you to choose from!
Meet your guide at a pre-arranged point, and then hop back on board your coach for your journey back to Amsterdam. Your day then finishes with a canal cruise (lasting an hour and 15 minutes) around the city, passing many of Amsterdam’s A-list sites. Float past attractions like Rembrandt House and the Anne Frank House, before finishing your ride in Stadhouderskade, central Amsterdam.