- Half-day trip from Amsterdam including the Zaanse Schans windmills, Volendam and Marken
- Enjoy a scenic drive through the Dutch countryside
- See the famous Zaanse Schans windmills and the quaint fishing villages of Marken and Volendam
- Relax on the 20-minute boat trip from Volendam to Marken
- Visit a cheese factory and a clog-maker
- Morning and seasonal afternoon tours available
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Here's a great way to pack a bunch of Holland highlights into a short tour. You get to see windmills, scenic villages with stilt houses, a Dutch cheese factory and a clog-maker plying his trade.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Giant clog!Photo by: Barb K
- On top of a peanut oil ...Photo by: Rachael B
- Beautifully Painted ...Photo by: TANIA DEY
- Cheese makingPhoto by: Anonymous
- Pretty garden decorations ...Photo by: Zenia P
USA, 06 2010
- Beautiful VolendamPhoto by: Zenia P
USA, 06 2010
- Volendam housesPhoto by: Zenia P
USA, 06 2010
- Side streetPhoto by: Jenifer K
USA, 10 2009
- Zaanse SchansPhoto by: Krishnan Vaitheeswaran
Australia, 10 2008
- Windmills, Zaanse SchansPhoto by: MIRAN S
Slovenia, 10 2008
- Fun in the tourPhoto by: Joseph A
- Volendam NeighborhoodPhoto by: chrisblythe1
- A Zaanse Schan WindmillPhoto by: chrisblythe1
- 7 bridgesPhoto by: Alan M
- Small windmill villagePhoto by: Rachel
- wooden shoesPhoto by: mylifecompleted
- Zaanse SchansPhoto by: mylifecompleted
- Windmills!Photo by: mylifecompleted
- Fabrication et achat de ...Photo by: Ludovic V
- Windmill at Zaanse SchansPhoto by: David A M
What You Can Expect
The guid Tas_ and his assistance Katrina were just GIANTS !!! the best of their kind! Grate tour, grate team and grate organization.
This is a great trip if you want to see windmills.the visit to the windmill to watch the wind cut lumber was the greatest. The workers at the site were very very helpful in explaining every thing. Great. OH by the way the cheese factory was also very interesting.
This would have been highlight of my trip! Both towns were wonderful each in their own way. Zaanse Schans was gorgeous. Unfortunately for me Mother nature was in a snit and hailed on me in April! On a nice day, I would have loved more time in each. Blythe N.
Fatima A Bahrain
The guide Cyra I think was so good and punctual. The assistant Sara also was helpful and friendly. The tour was worth for every dollar. We had an amazing time from the first minute until the end and the schedule was so nice and amazing. This tour is recommended if you want to see the countryside
It was just amazing
This was an amazing tour worth every penny. My husband was so impresses with the windmill operated saw mill. the town and villages were all so interesting, so glad we booked it. We were very lucky as the tour guide only had to speak in two languages.
A beautiful village with working windmills. The Volendam museum provided great insight into the Dutch history. The Clog factory was very interesting. Overall a fun and pleasant tour - well worth it.
Weather was awful, but who can change that!! The tour is a must see to give you a sense of charming Holland. The office is not far from the central station and was mobbed with people the day we went. Having said that, the tour left on time, was nicely done and well worth the time/money.
Great 3 places and great tour guides.