- Half-day trip from Amsterdam including the Zaanse Schans windmills, Volendam and Marken
- Enjoy a scenic drive through the Dutch countryside
- See the famous Zaanse Schans windmills and the quaint fishing villages of Marken and Volendam
- Relax on the 20-minute boat trip from Volendam to Marken
- Visit a cheese factory and a clog-maker
- Morning and seasonal afternoon tours available
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Here's a great way to pack a bunch of Holland highlights into a short tour. You get to see windmills, scenic villages with stilt houses, a Dutch cheese factory and a clog-maker plying his trade.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Giant clog!Photo by: Barb K
- On top of a peanut oil ...Photo by: Rachael B
- Beautifully Painted ...Photo by: TANIA DEY
- Cheese makingPhoto by: Anonymous
- Pretty garden decorations ...Photo by: Zenia P
USA, 06 2010
- Beautiful VolendamPhoto by: Zenia P
USA, 06 2010
- Volendam housesPhoto by: Zenia P
USA, 06 2010
- Side streetPhoto by: Jenifer K
USA, 10 2009
- Zaanse SchansPhoto by: Krishnan Vaitheeswaran
Australia, 10 2008
- Windmills, Zaanse SchansPhoto by: MIRAN S
Slovenia, 10 2008
- Small windmill villagePhoto by: Rachel
- wooden shoesPhoto by: mylifecompleted
- Zaanse SchansPhoto by: mylifecompleted
- Windmills!Photo by: mylifecompleted
- Fabrication et achat de ...Photo by: Ludovic V
- Windmill at Zaanse SchansPhoto by: David A M
- Zane Schans WindmillsPhoto by: jspackman7
- One of the windmillsPhoto by: ymak
- Dutch waffle stand on ...Photo by: ymak
- Swans in the canal in the ...Photo by: ymak
What You Can Expect
Suzette B USA
Fabulous way to see the Netherlands- great tour guides!
Excellent tour with a variety of typical Holland activities. Highly enjoyed the shoe and cheese factories as well as the mills. However, beware of the tourist trap stores with very cheap and overpriced souvenirs
we had a lovely time and a fantastic tour guide , thankyou
This was a fun trip. Enjoyed the time to shop and the boat ride. The windmill tour was interesting.
This was a terrific tour. Just the right amount of time and we were able to get out and see some of the wonderful sites in Amsterdam!
Very good taz taher great leader
What a wonderful day this was! We had the unfortunate timing of arriving in Amsterdam moments after the Brussels attacks in 2016. This threw our entire vacation into chaos and things were very stressful. This trip gave us a few hours of peace and we loved every minute of it! Our guide was wonderful and very engaging. We headed to Zaanse Schans first thing in the morning and saw the beautiful Windmills. It was amazing getting to talk to the Miller and watch this mill work. He explained how he uses the mill to make oil and after allowed us to climb up to the top of the Windmill. The views were fantastic! We had some free time to take pictures around the Windmill and the little village. We headed back to the bus and made our way to Marken for our wooden shoe demonstration. The shoe maker was really funny and ran the machines to make a shoe for us. After we had a few minutes to try them on and shop before we took a beautiful walk through the village. We headed to a covered boat for a 30 minute ride to Volendam where we made our way into the cheese factory. We had a 5 minute demonstration followed by a TON of cheese tastings! We then took a little walk to our final meeting point and had about an hour to wander on our own. It was a beautiful town and we had a gorgeous day! The tour was the perfect length and we really enjoyed ourselves!
Super fun!! Half day was perfect because we were able to do things in the morning as well. The tour guides were so nice and made the trip super relaxed.
Excellent. Tour Guide was very informative and jolly. Kept everyone happy.
We had the perfect day and an incredible tour guide. She was very well informed, funny and highly knowledgeable. This tour is a must and don't forget to have hot chocolate at the windmill!