- Anchorage shore excursion to the Troublesome Glacier, one of south-central Alaska's largest
- Take two 15-minute helicopter rides between the Knik River Lodge and the Troublesome Glacier
- Discover the glacier on a scenic hike or on a dogsled adventure
- Explore crevasses, melt pools and ice sculptures created by Mother Nature
- Port pickup and drop-off included
What You Can Expect
From the Knik River Lodge, take a 15-minute scenic helicopter trip to the glacier. When you land, meet your guide and get outfitted for your hike. Your guide will lead you onto the ice, giving you a unique perspective of your surroundings. Sights include ice crevasses, melt pools and ice sculptures created by water, wind and sun! After about four hours, return to the lodge by helicopter, and then on to Anchorage by minivan.
From the Knik River Lodge, take a 15-minute scenic helicopter ride to the Troublesome Glacier, where a dog team awaits you. After a brief introduction, hop on the dogsled and set out on the glacier. Each sled has a seat and one standing spot for the musher (driver). For an hour, help mush while you learn about the life of the dogs and their mushers and enjoy the spectacular surroundings.