- Hiking tour of Matanuska Glacier with round-trip transport from Anchorage
- Take a guided hike along the ancient Matanuska Glacier, tucked in the picturesque Matanuska-Susitna Valley
- Explore stunning meltwater pools, towering ice formations and mysterious crevasses
- Learn about how this glacier was formed from your expert guide
- Enjoy an Alaskan lunch overlooking the glacier
- All safety equipment included
What You Can Expect
This valley, carved by glaciers, is the meeting place for 3 mountain ranges: the Chugach Mountains, the Talkeetna Mountains and the Alaska Range. The valley is home to thousands of rivers and lakes, left behind by the movement of the glacier.
Arrive at your destination, the 27-mile (43-km) Matanuska Glacier, to embark on your 2-hour hike. First, listen to a safety orientation and slip on your provided crampons and helmet and grab a walking stick. This equipment will help you safely explore the deep crevasses, ice formations and bright blue water-melt pools.
Follow your guide to the glacier's most important landmarks and viewpoints. Chances are you'll enjoy sunny skies due to the weather system created by the glacier.
Stop for a traditional Alaskan lunch with views overlooking the glacier.
At the conclusion of your glacial adventure, return to your Anchorage hotel for drop-off.
This tour was amazing!
a lot of good information, incredible sights to see!
Bus tour guide did not accompany us due to feeling sick. Glacier tour guide went and she mainly spoke Spanish with a spanish couple on our trip and spent most of her time with them. My crampons did not fit correctly and kept twisting causing me to slide and fall. You need appropriately senior guides who respect all individuals and not ones who are too young and act like juveniles. It ruined an obvious beautiful experience. We paid too well for this guide to ruin it for us and it was our last tour of our vacation. . .