- Flightseeing tour of Mt McKinley with round-trip transport from Anchorage
- Soar high above the granite peaks, cascading icefalls, canyons and glaciers of Denali National Park
- Marvel at the Great Gorge of Ruth Glacier, deeper than the Grand Canyon!
- Enjoy commentary about the wildlife and geological formations from your expert pilot
- Experience an amazing glacier landing!
What You Can Expect
Fly over Denali National Park and admire below landscapes of glaciers, canyons, cascading icefalls and granite peaks. Enjoy a unique vantage point of one of the deepest gorges in the world — the Great Gorge of Ruth Glacier — a river of ice 4,000 feet (1,220 meters) thick, surrounded by towering cliffs. Snap shots of Don Sheldon amphitheater, blue meltwater pools and snowcapped peaks.
Next, get ready for a once-in-a-lifetime experience: Your pilot lands on a glacier, giving you the opportunity to walk on a river of ice and observe the ice formations from just a short distance away.
Hop back aboard your helicopter and head back to Talkeetna, where your guide takes you on a tour of its historical sites. Relax in town for lunch (own expense) before enjoying return transport to your hotel.
Although McKinley was clouded out of the experience, we'll take that up with God.
Robert K C Australia
Though it was very cloudy that particular, the pilot with his vast experience safely landed the plane on the glacier. Walking on the thick snow with the snow boots provided by the Operator was a fantastic experience. We thoroughly enjoyed the flight around Mt McKinley and to see in close views of the snow capped mounts and various glaciers.