- Glacier snowmobiling tour near Anchorage in the Chugach Mountains
- Get outfitted with a snowmobile and winter gear
- Follow trained guides over open fields and near alpine rivers and frozen waterfalls
- Enjoy 3.5-hours of pure riding time through Alaskan wilderness
- Get an up-close look at a glacier, if conditions permit
- Refuel with glacier water, hot tea and granola bars
- Round-trip van transport, including light refreshments, from Anchorage hotels
What You Can Expect
Professional guides will lead you through the third largest state park in America, where a half-million acres (202 hectares) play home to moose, eagles, glacier-fed rivers, alpine lakes and unrivaled mountain vistas. During your 3.5-hours of riding time, shoot past beaver ponds, bask in the bright midday sun while traversing open fields, and zip past frozen waterfalls.
If the weather and conditions cooperate, your guides may even take you out to a glacier, where you can catch glimpses of icebergs and caves. Many locals refer to it as “Blue Ice Paradise” due to the area’s unique aquamarine hue.
After working up an appetite exploring Alaskan backcountry, hop off the snowmobile, shed your winter layers and refuel with complimentary glacier water, hot Russian tea and granola bars. Provided transportation, which also includes light snacks, will transport you back to your Anchorage hotel.