- Bike tour from Siem Reap to the Roluos Group Temples
- Cycle through the rural countryside outside Siem Reap
- Visit the three temples of the Roluos Group - Bakong, Lolei and Preah Ko
- Pass through small villages and witness daily Cambodian life
- Enjoy a traditional shadow puppet show
- Lunch and snacks included
What You Can Expect
You’ll make your way east of Siem Reap to the temples of the Roluos Group, three temples that make up the remains of Hariharalaya, the first major capital of the Angkorian Empire. The temples – Bakong, Preah Ko and Lolei – date back to the late 800s AD. Bakong, the most impressive of the three, set the tone for future structures. Preah Ko, which takes its name (Sacred Bull) from the statues of bulls at its towers, has beautiful preserved carvings. And Lolei has four brick towers constructed on a double laterite rock base, built on an island in the middle of a baray (reservoir) that is now dry. Enjoy your time admiring and comparing the three temples before you enjoy a traditional lunch (included).
Before the bike tour ends, you will visit a non-profit organization that teaches the folk art of shadow puppetry. See how the puppets are created from leather, and then enjoy a puppet show!
Please note: You will cycle approximately 22 miles (35 km).
- Cool, comfortable clothes for cycling
- Rain jacket during wet season - May to October
- Sunscreen and hat
- Water bottle (1.5L)