Book and travel by July 31st, 2014 and save 15% off our previously offered price!
- Day trip to Panajachel and Chichicastenango from Antigua
- Visit the town of Chichicastenango and shop for beautiful goods at its open-air market
- Stroll down Santander Street in Panajachel and learn about the town’s history from your local guide
- Admire stunning views of Lago de Atitlán
- Hotel pickup and drop-off and all entrance fees included
What You Can Expect
While you’re in the plaza, visit the Iglesia de Santo Tomas (Church of Santo Tomas), located on the east side of the plaza. Dating back to 1540, the church is often home to Mayan rituals. Then, visit Calvary Church, a smaller version of Iglesia Santo Tomas located on the west side of the plaza.
After exploring Chichicastenango for a few hours, continue your day trip to Panajachel, a small town located on the northeast shore of Lago de Atitlán (Lake Atitlan). Known as a hub for traveling across Lago de Atitlán, Panajachel is a quaint, charming town where you'll stop for a delicious lunch at a local restaurant (own expense) before heading over to visit the town’s main thoroughfare, Santander Street. Walk along the street with your guide and observe town life going on at the locally made handicraft stalls, other shops and restaurants. Admire beautiful views of Lago de Atitlán from the shores of Panajachel before heading back to Antigua.