- Day trip to Panajachel and Chichicastenango from Antigua
- Visit the town of Chichicastenango and shop for beautiful goods at its open-air market
- Stroll down Santander Street in Panajachel and learn about the town’s history from your local guide
- Admire stunning views of Lago de Atitlán
- Hotel pickup and drop-off and all entrance fees included
What You Can Expect
We really enjoyed this tour the driver gave us lots of information about the region and the markets and plenty of time to explore and have lunch at our leisure, recommended.
Our guide Michelangelo was VERY knowledgeable and an absolute delight to spend the day with. He took great care of us, taught us a lot about the area, and left us wanting to book a longer stay at Lake Atitlan.
We had a wonderful day with Mike our tour guide. He took us to Chichicastenago first where we toured the town and the large market on a Sunday. Mike lead us through the very large crowded market and gave us a few tips on what items should sell for. Then he gave us some time to shop. Next we went to Panajachel for a late lunch and had fresh black sea bass. Then we explored the town, and went back to Antiqua with our treasures from the markets. Mike was an excellent guide with extensive knowledge of Guatamala and was an excellent driver.
It's a 3 hr drive to the towns. The roads are windy and long, if you get car sick
United States of America
It's a beautiful lake to visit. I recommend to visit during off season because you can enjoy a walk by the lake peacefully. But if you're members of younger crowds, perhaps July - August visit fits you better.