- Take a Guatemalan cooking class in Antigua
- Learn to make some of Guatemala's staple dishes including chiles rellenos and desserts such as mole de platanos from your professional chef
- Enjoy your own home-made Guatemalan meal for lunch!
- Take home printed recipes from the tour so you can continue to cook Guatemalan food at home
- Complimentary hotel pickup and drop-off
After pickup from your Antigua hotel, head to the kitchen to begin your Guatemalan cooking class. After a brief overview and kitchen safety training, your professional chef will start by teaching you about the cultural influences of Spanish and Mayan flavors. Learn about the staple ingredients and foods used by natives, including corn, peppers and beans. For your own meal, you’ll have the option to choose one main dish, two side dishes and one dessert to prepare. Some main dish options include chiles rellenos, guacamole and frijoles volteados. For desserts, you'll learn how to make mole de platanos, arroz con leche and more!
As you prepare your food, the chef will be there to offer helpful tips. Once you’re done, it’s time to enjoy your home-cooked lunch! Savor your traditional Guatemalan meal and dessert before being transported back to your hotel.