- 3.5-hour private tour of the Arequipa countryside with a knowledgeable guide
- See pre-Inca farming terraces in the Paucarpata District
- Visit and learn about the 18th-century Sabandia Mill
- Explore the restored, colonial-era Founder’s Mansion
- Admire the Rio Chili in the former resort district of Tingo
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
What You Can Expect
You’ll start in the Paucarpata Distruct, where farming terraces date back to pre-Inca times. Learn about the farming techniques used during this era and admire the precise layouts of the terraces before heading south into the Sabandia District.
Here, visit the Sabandia Mill (El Molino de Sabandia), built in the 18th century and still operating today. Hear from your guide the importance the mill played back in the late 1700s, and take some time to enjoy its pretty grounds before heading to the village of Huasacache and the Founder’s Mansion, a colonial home once owned by Arequipa’s founder, Garcí Manuel de Carbajal. Tour the mansion with your guide, checking out the restored furniture and artwork.
Back in your minivan, make your way along Via Paisajista to the district of Tingo, an old summertime resort area on the Rio Chili, and then head into Sachaca to visit its viewpoint, where you’ll end your tour with a fabulous view of the entire city. You’ll then be returned to your hotel.