Sandra W Australia
Would recommend doing the 3 day Nile cruise on MY Mirage, a good price, good boat. Overall excellent value.
From best to worst:
- GUIDE: The personal guide was amazing! Mohamed was very nice and truly an expert on Egypt. He explained everything to us and had the answers for all our questions. Also he was very nice and made us comfortable every time he had a chance.
- FOOD: The food on the boat was very delicious and gave us nothing to complain about it. Completely satisfied.
- BEVERAGES: The price was a little high, as it is in any other cruise, but they should at least offer free water during the meals, which was not the case. If you want to drink anything (during a meal or after a long tour), you have to buy it.
- ROOM: It was ok and comfortable, but they could give more attention on cleaning. The floor under the bed was a little dusty and even with some hair from previous passengers. Nothing really gross, but if you drop something under the bed, you're in for a surprise.
- MAINTENANCE: The boat itself is nice and big. A little run down in some parts (like the chairs of the upper deck) but those were just details. The service on the upper deck could be better, though. For most of the time there wasn't anyone from the crew there to clean the tables or to take orders for beverages and drinks.
And now, the worst and most concerning part for us:
The Itinerary was changed and the overall time span of the cruise was extended.
On day two, the departure from Aswan was delayed until after lunch. Leaving the itinerary as it follows:
Day 2 (B, L, D): Sail to Kom Ombo and visit of Kom Ombo Temple / Sail to Edfu/ Overnight in Edfu
Day 3 (B, L, D): Morning visit to the Temple of Horus, Sail to Luxor, Overnight in Luxor
Day 4 (B): Visit the West Bank
But the worst part was the last day:
The West Bank that supposed to be on day 3, was actually after the check-out on day 4. So we lost a morning on a very tight schedule because accumulative changes on the itinerary forced to leave this great tour in a day that we already had other activities planned on our own.
very nice staff, clean ship. Only few guests do to political circumstances. organization of all trips was perfect.
The boat was clean and spacious. Some staff were rude. The price of drinks, including water and tea was exorbitant, and then we were required to pay an amount for tips at the end of the cruise. An expensive holiday by Egypt standards.
Mayra G. Torres ... Ecuador
Although we enjoyed the cruise very much (the ship, the food and the friendly staff), I was not satisfied with the assigned personal guide. I´m utterly disappointed with his guide, he took us to shops where they offered us drinks and made us believed that whatever they sold it was worth it at the price they asked, especially our guide. Little did we know that guides take commission on whatever we/tourists spend. This was evident in our last day when after a purchase the owner took a calculator and told him his commission!!. If I knew this was going to happen I will certainly wouldn’t hire a private guide that will rip us off. It is a shame because the places we visited were wonderful and as I say before the cruise was great.
I paid for the mirage cruise boat I got a old run down boat instead. Terrible food and accomadation I told the rep from the tour operator about this problem he told me the mirage only had 12 people booked on it so they couldn't sail it So they put me on a 2 star boat They lied
Unfortunately, the cruise did not live up to our expectations.
The food selection was limited, particularly at breakfast with no fruit being offered. The menu was generaly high in calories and fat and few healthy options were available.
Another disspointment with the food service is that between meals, there was no food available anywhere on the ship. As we toured extensively, it would have been nice to be able to purchase snacks to satisfy our hunger after sightseeing.
The rooms were old and the carpets filthy.
The TV reception was poor and the channel selection was extremely limited.
Smokers were everywhere including the staff which made it unpleasant to be indoors for any length of time.
The only free activity for our kids was the ping pong table. However the table was old and the paddles were falling apart.
The positive point was our tour guide and tour representatives. They were very knowledgeable, helpful and attentive to our needs.
We would not recommend this cruise operator/ ship to anyone.
Julien B Singapore
The boat is clean, the food correct and the staff friendly. Our guide was helpful as well. However, for the expensive price especially by Egyptian standards, I was expecting more. The boat is actually cruising only 1 day, so it is probably a much better deal to book very good hotels and to take the train from Aswan to Luxor.
Nitin R Australia
The overall Nile cruise was fantastic. Our guide however, was lazy and wanted to finish all the tours before lunch, despite the fact we had the whole day to complete the touring. He often blamed Ramadan, and even said the weather is draining in the afternoon. Excuses after excuses, we ended up zooming past many monuments, didn't even get taken to some sites like the Obelisk, and feel overall we were paying too much for too little.
It was not exactly what I expected from a 5 star cruise.
Food was awful, personnel not nice.
The schedule was not respected and that is why we missed some of the temples and places we planned to see in Luxor.