Recent Photos of This Tour
- Unfinished Obelisk1Photo by: Anonymous
- Philae Temple4Photo by: Anonymous
- High DamPhoto by: Anonymous
- Philae Temple2Photo by: Anonymous
- High Dam1Photo by: Anonymous
- Philae Temple3Photo by: Anonymous
- Philae Temple1Photo by: Anonymous
- Philae TemplePhoto by: Anonymous
- Graveyard at AswanPhoto by: Anonymous
- Unfinished ObeliskPhoto by: Anonymous
What You Can Expect
From there, make your way to the Unfinished Obelisk, located in the granite quarries. Learn how these reserves served as the main supply for ancient temples and colossi. Your Egyptologist will help you uncover the history of this place and explain how the massive obelisk was carved and then abandoned when a crack was discovered.
Finally, make your way to the Philae Temple—what is possible Aswan’s most famous site. Learn how this great temple was moved after the High Dam caused rivers to rise dangerously close to the ancient relic. Your guide will take you on a short motorboat ride and an informative walking tour of the temple, which was dedicated to the goddess Isis. Use additional free time to explore on your own.
Nice easy tour of the sites, great
Stunning, our guide Dina was wonderful. she knew what she was talking about and explained it in a way that we understood. Dina was brilliant by far the best guide we had (that is saying something as Nana in Cairo was pretty good too).
Prabhu Kannan India
Philae Temple has such a great location and the whole tour was very relaxing. Unfinished obelisk was awesome. But the high dam is just a dam...
William Z USA
David Z USA
Joanne D United Kingdom
Scott P USA