- 5-day northern Greece tour to Delphi, Meteora, Thessaloniki, Pella and Thermophylae
- See the UNESCO World Heritage-listed rock-top monastery in Meteora
- Learn about Alexander the Great in Pella
- Visit the Thessaloniki Archaeological Museum, the sacred town of Dion and ancient tombs
- Four nights of accommodation and some meals included
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
You visit major cities like Delphi and Thessaloniki, but also lesser-known towns like Amphissa and Trikala for a more traditional Greek experience.
What You Can Expect
Highlights on your five-day tour from Athens include:
- Delphi Archaelogical Museum and sites
- Meteora Monestaries
- Macedonian sacred town of Dion
- Thessaloniki Archaeological Museum and sightseeing tour
- The tomb of King Philip
- Vergina Treasures
- Macedonian tombs of Lefkadia
Drive to Delphi, passing by Levadia and Archova, to visit the world-famous museum and the archaeological site. Before you check into your hotel for a delicious dinner you will have spare time to spend the rest of the day at your own leisure.
Day 2: Amphissa - Lamia - Trikala - Kalambaka - Meteora (B,D)
After your breakfast at your hotel you will drive by the central Greek towns of Amphissa, Lamia, Trikala and Kalambaka before you visit breathtaking Meteora, home to one of the oldest and historically most important monasteries of Greece.
Day 3: Trikala - Larissa - Dion - Thessaloniki (B,D)
Your day starts with a drive to the sacred Macedonian town of Dion, passing by Trikala and Larissa. Then continue to Thessaloniki, the largest city in Northern Greece. Here you will visit the famous museum and enjoy a guided sightseeing tour before you will retire at your hotel and have a well-deserved dinner.
Day 4: Pella - Vergina - Lefkadia - Veria - Thessaloniki (B,D)
Morning drive to Pella, Alexander the Great's capital. Continue to Vergina to visit the Tomb of the King Philip and the famous "Vergina Treasures". Then on to Lefkadia where you visit the excavations. Return to Thessaloniki via Veria where you will stay for the night.
Day 5: Tempi Valley - Larissa - Lamia - Thermopylae - Kamena Vourla - Athens (B)
On your last day you will drive through Tempi Valley, Larissa and Lamia to Thermopylae, famous for the ancient battle that took place here. Drive on to Kamena Vourla before you return to Athens.