This small-group Segway tour is limited to 12 people, ensuring you’ll receive special attention from your guide.
- 2.5-hour Segway tour of Athens’ Acropolis with an expert local guide
- Explore the neighborhoods on the Acropolis' slopes including Plaka, Monastiraki and Thiseio
- See highlights of the UNESCO World Heritage-listed citadel like the Ancient Agora of Athens
- Pass the New Acropolis Museum and admire views over the city from Mars Hill
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 12 people ensures personalized attention from your guide
What You Can Expect
On the northeastern slopes of the Acropolis is the neighborhood of Plaka -- the city’s Old Town -- home to a cluster of trendy bars and cafés that you'll see as you pass through. Head into bustling Monastiraki, the quarter that’s famous for its colorful flea market and glide past the ruins of Hadrian’s Library – a Corinthian structure built by the Roman emperor in 132 AD.
Just to the east of Monastiraki is the district of Thiseio, home to the Ancient Agora of Athens; once the heart of the ancient city, it's now an intriguing courtyard ruin complete with Doric columns typical of the Classical era. After stopping to take photos and listen to tales about the agora from your guide, glide around, soaking up its highlights like the beautifully preserved Temple of Hephaestous.
Head outside the agora to see Athens’ New Acropolis Museum where hundreds of artifacts from the Acropolis’ Archaic period are now housed. As you weave back down the slopes of the Acropolis, pass Mars Hill where you can see the incredible Rock of Ares (Aereopagus) and marvel at the panoramic views over the city.
After exploring the highlights of the ancient site with your guide, glide back to a location near the start point where your tour ends.