Numbers are limited to six on this small-group tour, ensuring you’ll see the best of Athens with personalized attention from your guide.
- 3-hour Athens bike tour with an expert local guide
- Cycle around the foothills of the Acropolis of Athens, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Pose for photos at the Rock of Ares and visit Keramikos Cemetery, one of Athens’ hidden gems
- Stop in the neighborhood of Plaka and sit down for a typical Greek snack inside an authentic pastry shop
- Ride through Syntagma Square and see the Presidential Guards in the National Gardens of Athens
- Small-group tour with a maximum of six people ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Stop to pose for pictures in front of the incredible Rock of Ares (Aereopagus) on Mars Hill and marvel at the city panoramas that lie before you. Work your way across to Keramikos Cemetery – an ancient site littered with hundreds of ornate statues and monuments – and continue to Plaka, the city’s Old Town. As you pedal along, admire the neighborhood’s Neoclassical architecture, Byzantine churches and bustling independent shops.
Take a break by Plaka’s food market, and head inside one of its century-old pastry shops to enjoy a selection of traditional Greek deserts and snacks – typically made with an abundance of honey, nuts and fruit.
Continue to Syntagma Square in the heart of downtown Athens, and then enter the National Gardens of Athens to see the Presidential Guards guarding the Presidential Palace in their distinctive red berets. Pass Panathinaikos Stadium – the site of the very first modern Olympic Games – and then ride back toward the Acropolis, stopping briefly at Hadrian’s Arch. Hear how the Emperor Hadrian designed the monumental gateway to separate the old and new parts of the city, and then ride back to the start point, where your tour ends.
Excellent. My sister said this was the best part of our trip, and I would agree. Kostas, our guide, was very knowledgeable about the city and took us to the main sights in the center, which we were able to visit again the next day on our own for a closer look. Throughout our stay in Athens, we remembered facts and trivia Kosta had told us on the tour, which helped us better understand the Greek culture and sights. Would highly recommend!
Great way to meet Athens. Excellent guide, carefully choosen route. Highly recommended!