- 3.5-hour sightseeing tour of Athens, combining modern Athens with the city’s ancient sites
- See top Athens attractions such as the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Constitution Square and Panathenaic Stadium
- Visit the Roman Temple of Olympian Zeus and learn about ancient Athens
- Explore the Acropolis of Athens and see the world-famous Pantheon temple
- Upgrade to include an entrance ticket to Athens Acropolis Museum
- Transport by luxury air-conditioned minivan
Recent Photos of This Tour
- AthensPhoto by: Yen Mie H
- DSC01099Photo by: Alice K
USA, 02 2012
- Athens 5Photo by: Benjamin D
USA, 03 2010
- Temple of ZeusPhoto by: Olivia Z
- The Tomb of the Unknown ...Photo by: Olivia Z
- IMG_1893Photo by: SHIBASHISH B
- Temple of ZeusPhoto by: Shelley L
- AcropolisPhoto by: Kathleen S
- Acropolis by nightPhoto by: John Y
- ParthenonPhoto by: sharon
- View from the AcropolisPhoto by: sharon
- Hadrian's ArchPhoto by: sharon
- Roman Temple of Olympian ZeusPhoto by: sharon
- Hadrian's ArchPhoto by: sharon
- Back entrance, acropolisPhoto by: Bostocks
Australia, 11 2012
- The Porch of the Caryatids at ...Photo by: Paul K Phillips
- The Parthenon. (2)Photo by: Paul K Phillips
- The Parthenon. (1)Photo by: Paul K Phillips
- Athens from the Acropolis (2)Photo by: Paul K Phillips
- AcropolisPhoto by: Bermudajac
What You Can Expect
Hear insightful commentary from your guide, and pass top Athens attractions including the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Greek Parliament building and Presidential Palace, the home of Greece’s royals until the monarchy ended in 1974.
See the Panathenaic Stadium, the venue of the first modern Olympic Games in 1896. Then, drive along Panepistimiou Avenue to snap photos of the National Library and Metropolitan Cathedral of Athens, known to locals as ‘Mitropoli’, and one of Greece’s most revered orthodox churches. After your coach tour, see two Athens’ historical treasures on foot. View the exterior of the Temple of Olympian Zeus — a gigantic, semi-ruined edifice completed in the 2nd century AD—as your guide explains its turbulent history.
Continue to Athens’ showpiece: the Acropolis. Stroll up to the UNESCO-listed site that served as the ancient citadel, and tour the buildings as you hear how they reflected Athens’ prosperity in the 5th century BC.
Admire the magnificent Parthenon, and see monuments including the Propylaea gateway and stunning Temple of Athena Nike. After time to explore the rest of the site independently, return to your coach and end your tour back at the start point.
Morning Tour plus Acropolis Museum:
Show your entrance ticket and explore independently. Walk around the spectacular Parthenon Hall to ogle the incredible sculptures of the Parthenon frieze, and roam the other galleries to view more than 4,000 other ancient objects.
WONDERFUL GUIDE, SHE COULDN'T DO ENOUGH FOR US. I HAD FALLEN ON THE 10TH AND BROKE MY SHOULDER. SHE GUIDED AND HELPED ME GET TO WHERE EVER WE HAD TO GO. THE SIGHTS WERE AMAZING..I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND VIATOR TO ANYONE.
good as you respect, the museum is really five star
Very fun half day of seeing wonderful historical areas!
great tour! very informative! loved - highly recommend.
I t was a nice half day tour of Athens. It is indeed worth going with a guide to visit Acropolis and its museum as you get a lot of information that easily take you back in time of antiquity and you will be drawn to the history and glorious days of the Athens.
The tour guide was excellent. Also, my husband and I were late and they were very accommodating.
Very interesting, good tour advisor
Our guide, Kostos, is a must-request for this tour. An ex-university professor, he made all the difference when you're essentially standing there looking at a lot of very similar looking objects. I wish we could have taken him elsewhere in Europe with us, because this was the most fact-filled and interesting tour I have ever taken.
had a delightful guide who made this trip a real pleasure.
Wonderful tour ,a must. Extremely knowledgeable guide. Museum was amazing as was the Acropolis. This was a full day tour.