- 3.5-hour sightseeing tour of Athens, combining modern Athens with the city’s ancient sites
- See top Athens attractions such as the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Constitution Square and Panathenaic Stadium
- Visit the Roman Temple of Olympian Zeus and learn about ancient Athens
- Explore the Acropolis of Athens and see the world-famous Pantheon temple
- Upgrade to include an entrance ticket to Athens Acropolis Museum
- Transport by luxury air-conditioned minivan
Recent Photos of This Tour
- AthensPhoto by: Yen Mie H
- DSC01099Photo by: Alice K
USA, 02 2012
- Athens 5Photo by: Benjamin D
USA, 03 2010
- Temple of ZeusPhoto by: Olivia Z
- The Tomb of the Unknown ...Photo by: Olivia Z
- IMG_1893Photo by: SHIBASHISH B
- Temple of ZeusPhoto by: Shelley L
- AcropolisPhoto by: Kathleen S
- Acropolis by nightPhoto by: John Y
- ParthenonPhoto by: sharon
- View from the AcropolisPhoto by: sharon
- Hadrian's ArchPhoto by: sharon
- Roman Temple of Olympian ZeusPhoto by: sharon
- Hadrian's ArchPhoto by: sharon
- Back entrance, acropolisPhoto by: Bostocks
Australia, 11 2012
- The Porch of the Caryatids at ...Photo by: Paul K Phillips
- The Parthenon. (2)Photo by: Paul K Phillips
- The Parthenon. (1)Photo by: Paul K Phillips
- Athens from the Acropolis (2)Photo by: Paul K Phillips
- AcropolisPhoto by: Bermudajac
What You Can Expect
Hear insightful commentary from your guide, and pass top Athens attractions including the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Greek Parliament building and Presidential Palace, the home of Greece’s royals until the monarchy ended in 1974.
See the Panathenaic Stadium, the venue of the first modern Olympic Games in 1896. Then, drive along Panepistimiou Avenue to snap photos of the National Library and Metropolitan Cathedral of Athens, known to locals as ‘Mitropoli’, and one of Greece’s most revered orthodox churches. After your coach tour, see two Athens’ historical treasures on foot. View the exterior of the Temple of Olympian Zeus — a gigantic, semi-ruined edifice completed in the 2nd century AD—as your guide explains its turbulent history.
Continue to Athens’ showpiece: the Acropolis. Stroll up to the UNESCO-listed site that served as the ancient citadel, and tour the buildings as you hear how they reflected Athens’ prosperity in the 5th century BC.
Admire the magnificent Parthenon, and see monuments including the Propylaea gateway and stunning Temple of Athena Nike. After time to explore the rest of the site independently, return to your coach and end your tour back at the start point.
Morning Tour plus Acropolis Museum:
Show your entrance ticket and explore independently. Walk around the spectacular Parthenon Hall to ogle the incredible sculptures of the Parthenon frieze, and roam the other galleries to view more than 4,000 other ancient objects.
VERY THOROUGH AND OUR GUIDE WAS GREAT AND VERY KNOWLEDGABLE
This was a well conducted tour. We really appreciated Viator confirming the reservation via the Hotel and for the Hilton Hotel pickup. The tour coach was also comfortable. The guide was personable and knowledgeable.
Very, very good but we could not climb the steps to the Acropolis, so went to the Acropolis/Parthenon Museum nearby. Excellent tour guide and driver
Excellent half day trip - exactly what it said on the tin but with a guide that made it incredibly interesting. Joy was so likeable and a very special lady.....knowledgeable and obviously passionate about making the tour special. My only regret was that I didn't take the whole day and head out of the city.....next time !
Our Athens tour was exceptional, our guide was very informative and a pleasure to listen to. Taking time to ask for and replying to any questions asked, a wealth of knowledge in a friendly manor.
Jimbo United Kingdom
Excellent tour. Our Guide, Joy, was first class. Very passionate about Athens and the Acropolis. Joy's explanation of the history was totally fascinating, all information given was well paced and fully understood. Superb opportunities for photographs throughout.
Would highly recommend and if you are able to have Joy as your guide you will have a well informed, informative and enjoyable tour.
Definitely NOT to be missed.
This was absolutely amazing. We had a great guide, Stefanie. She answered all our questions and also gave us some tips concerning some other sights that were not included in the tour.
I loved it!! There is a lot of walking involved. Got to see the Acropolis and the acropolis museum.
The tour was very organized and the tour guide was excellent in her knowledge and the way how she explained the ancient historical sites.
The tour was well worth it: a great overview of the city. Joy had a really impressive knowledge of Greek culture-- it really helped having her explain the history of the Acropolis and lead us through the museum.