- Private Walking Tour around Acropolis
- Enjoy spectacular views from the Parthenon, which crowns the Acropolis
- See archaeological exhibits at the Syntagma Metro Station
- Soak up the atmosphere of ancient Athens, as you explore the Plaka's paved streets
- Private, English-speaking tour guide
- Free port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour allows for a more personalized experience
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Syntagma Metro station, where your private tour begins contains many archaeological exhibits including ancient grave stones, an aqueduct from the 5th century BC, pottery, a 2,000-year old beehive and a mosaic from the 5th century AD.
You will then see the House of the Greek Parliament, former Palace. Walking through the Syntagma Square, the heart of the city, you come either to Sotira of Lycodimos or the Kottakis Church both beautiful Byzantine churches which you are going to visit.
Continue strolling through the Plaka's paved streets before arriving at the Lysicrates Monument from the 4th century BC and the remnants of an old Christian Church. A ten-minute walk up the beautiful Dionysiou Areopagitou pedestrian walkway will bring you to the Acropolis, crowned by the Parthenon, with its spectacular views over the city below.
You will enjoy a profound and detailed explanation of the history of its monuments by your private knowledgeable licensed guides. On the way to the Acropolis you will also see the Dionysious Sanctuary, the Philopapos Hill, the Herodion Theatre and the Mars Hill.
Your guided visit will finish at the Acropolis. Then, you will have free time until you get picked up by the driver.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:We will ensure your timely return to the Athens port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.