- Half-day Athens shore excursion with a private guide
- Walk up the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Acropolis of Athens
- See important Classical Greek monuments like the Parthenon and Erechtheion
- Explore central Athens by minivan and visit Syntagma Square and the Temple of Olympian Zeus
- See Athens first Olympic Stadium -- Panathinaikon Stadium -- before returning to Piraeus Port
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
Stroll back into town with your guide and then hop aboard your minivan for your city tour. Watch out for the Temple of Olympian Zeus (Olympieion), which dates back to 6th century BC, and see Hadrian’s Arch – a structure that once divided the Greek part of Athens from the Emperor Hadrian’s Roman city.
Continue through Syntagma Square to see the Greek Parliament House -- formerly a royal palace that was built for King Otto I of Bavaria -- and then see the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Pass the Neoclassical buildings of Athens University on the way to the former Olympic Stadium, Panathinaiko Stadium, and hear about the site in ancient times before it was rebuilt for the modern Olympic Games.
After exploring Athens from the comfort of your minivan, you'll end your tour back at Piraeus Port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Athens port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Nine of us as a group had taken the tour on the 28th of August 2014. It was excellent. Our tour guide was Helen and she came and picked us up from the port sharp at 7:30 am. Helen was very knowledgeable about Greek history and she took great pains to explain all our questions. The vehicle was a Mercedes van well equipped and the driver was also good.
Our driver and guide were very accommodating. Our guide was very knowledgeable and we enjoyed the day in Athens - seeing all the sites on our agenda.