- Small-group Athens food shore excursion
- Food walking tour of Athens
- Taste savory Greek delicacies including the ever-popular sesame koulouri
- Visit various specialty food shops in Athens offering an array of fruit, spices and meats
- Small group limited to 14 people for a more personalized experience
- Fully guided tour with local English-speaking guide
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
Your licensed guide will lead you on a food stroll and introduce you to small, hidden specialty food shops. Listen to commentary about the unique and intricate culinary heritage of Greece, as well as the famous Mediterranean diet, hailed today as a model of healthy living.
A genuine Athenian food tour would not be complete without a visit to the vibrant and central Varvakeios food market. Its bustling energy and colorful world of fruit and spice stalls and meat and fish vendors truly make for a cultural experience.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Athens port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
We had a blast!
Our guide Artemis was outstanding-funny, knowledgable, perceptive. She took us to a wealth of hidden culinary gems, which , I would submit, very few people would stumble upon on their own. My only request would have been to spend some time in the sausage and cured meat store sampling some of their wares. I have been recommending this tour to everyone I had met on Holland America's Rotterdam cruise, if for no other reason than to be led around by one's "nose' to sample some of Athen's food treasures by a larger than life guide reminiscent of the lead actress in " My Big Fat Greek Wedding "! A raving success, and one of our most precious memories on a trip chock full of them. cordially, David and Dorene Cohen