- Small-group Athens food shore excursion
- Food walking tour of Athens
- Taste savory Greek delicacies including the ever-popular sesame koulouri
- Visit various specialty food shops in Athens offering an array of fruit, spices and meats
- Small group limited to 14 people for a more personalized experience
- Fully guided tour with local English-speaking guide
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
Your licensed guide will lead you on a food stroll and introduce you to small, hidden specialty food shops. Listen to commentary about the unique and intricate culinary heritage of Greece, as well as the famous Mediterranean diet, hailed today as a model of healthy living.
A genuine Athenian food tour would not be complete without a visit to the vibrant and central Varvakeios food market. Its bustling energy and colorful world of fruit and spice stalls and meat and fish vendors truly make for a cultural experience.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Athens port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
We had a wonderful time on this "Shore Excursion." We were on a cruise ship and did not want to do the "typical" tour of the Acropolis, etc., so we found this Food Tour online and booked it right from the ship. They were waiting to pick us up right from the port and after a slight confusion about which tour we were on, we met our guide, who took us on a fabulous tour of Greek food. The guide (Artemis) was really great and it was fun being with a local for the day. It was great seeing stuff that the typical tourist would probably miss. Although I was somewhat nervous about getting back to the ship on time, our ride back met us at exactly the precise time we were told, so it was a wonderful day in Athens!!
We had a blast!