- Food walking tour of Athens
- Taste savory Greek delicacies including the ever-popular sesame koulouri
- Learn the heritage of Greek cuisine
- Experience the vibrant Varvakeios food market
- Visit various specialty food shops in Athens offering an array of fruit, spices and meats
- Small group limited to 14 people for a more personalized experience
- Fully guided tour with local English-speaking guide
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Great for foodies! Sample popular and lesser-known Greek delicacies and visit a bustling local market where you can stock up on the spices that locals use.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Local MarketPhoto by: Mars One
- Athens food tourPhoto by: Stephen B
- Delicatessen ShopPhoto by: Isabel E
- Fruit Vegetable MarketPhoto by: Isabel E
- Meat marketPhoto by: Isabel E
- Chicken MpougatsaPhoto by: James M
- Meat and Olive sample at ...Photo by: James M
- Fruita and Vegetable MarketPhoto by: James M
- Sample Table at Cretan MarketPhoto by: James M
- Greek DonutsPhoto by: James M
- Fruit and Vegetable MarketPhoto by: macljones
- Athens Small-Group Food TourPhoto by: Butch Thomas
Australia, 05 2014
- Our groupPhoto by: Cal
- Beautiful spicesPhoto by: Cal
- They eat everythingPhoto by: Cal
- Meat marketPhoto by: Cal
- Taste testPhoto by: Cal
- Stop onePhoto by: Cal
- Atehns Food tourPhoto by: Megan Bruynel
New Zealand, 06 2013
- Athens Food tourPhoto by: Megan Bruynel
New Zealand, 06 2013
What You Can Expect
Learn about Greece's unique culinary heritage while you explore, and hear why the Mediterranean diet has become today's model of healthy living. Follow your guide inside small, hidden specialty shops and meet the locals behind them.
Afterward, make a stop at the bustling Varvakeios food market. Browse the colorful stalls filled with fruit, seafood, meat and local spices.
After three hours of sampling and sightseeing, your tour will conclude in the neighborhood of Plaka.
Perfect to startany trip in Greece
Artemis was amazing! We really enjoyed her perspective as a native Athenian. We got to know some unique aspects of Greek cuisine and just had allot of fun. Couldn and #39;t recommend this tour more, especially just to get acquainted with the city!
We did this tour on our full first day in Athens and thought it was great! We learned about local foods, tried things that we may not have tried otherwise, and went back to the places later on in our stay. The tour was great! Highly recommend doing this and doing it early on in your stay.
What a great surprise!!! I had visited Athens before and wanted to try something new...the great news is that the tour was over the top, the slightly bad news is that I did not tell my Boyfriend ahead of time, that I had booked this tour. Cranky at first, He was raving about it by the end of the day....a true testament to a 5 star tour.
The walking tour of Markets, Spice houses, Bakeries, Traditional Specialties, and stories of the food as it relates to the culture of the people was so amazingly interesting. There were fantastic tastings, maybe too many by the end of the afternoon, but everything was so memorable......our group of three couples on the tour made it great fun for everyone :
It was great, informative and interesting. I am glad I went.
The tour was great and well organized. The ladies who ran the tour were welcoming and knowledgeable. The place we met in the morning was easy to find. We wouldn't have known all the places we visited on our own for sure. The tour ended near the flea market, which we spent a little time there after the tour. Overall, highly recommended!
This was a great experience and a nice break from looking at all the ancient edifices. We were a small group of nine and our guide, Vicky, able and expertly led us through interesting parts of Athens that we'd not have found on our own. We visited a lot of wonderful markets and shops and had lots of tastes of a lot of items that help make up Greek Cuisine. Vicky was charming, informative and had a good sense of humor. I would highly recommend this tour!
Great tour , great guide. Saw many interesting markets and learned a lot.
Fantastic experience, for kids and adults both. One of our highlights in Athens. Loved Dorina, our guide.
We had a blast on the food tour. We went places that we would never have found on our own. We ate things that we might never have tried. This was our last activity in Greece. It was a great way to end our vacation!