Book this trip and save over 15% compared to booking the trips separately.
- Experience Athens, Cape Sounion, Mycenae and Epidaurus over two days at a discounted price
- Take a guided sightseeing tour of Athens to see fascinating sites like the Acropolis and the Parthenon
- Enjoy a half-day trip to Cape Sounion's cliff-top Temple of Poseidon, overlooking the Aegean Sea
- Relax on a scenic drive along the Saronic Gulf coast
- Explore ancient Greek remains and see the Tomb of Agamemnon in Mycenae
- Visit Epidaurus’s UNESCO World Heritage-listed Sanctuary of Asklepios and Ancient Amphitheatre of Epidaurus
- Choose the order of the days, with transport by comfortable, air-conditioned coach included
What You Can Expect
After pickup from your Athens hotel in the morning, head on a sightseeing tour by comfortable, air-conditioned coach. Your guide will show you the city’s historic and modern sites, including central Omonia Square and Constitution Square. Pass Panathenaic Stadium, the site of the first modern Olympic Games in 1896, and visit the Acropolis, Athens’ crowning beauty.
Head to the famed Parthenon, Athena Nike Temple and beautiful Porch of the Maidens, and see fascinating exhibits at the Acropolis Museum. Then, relax and have lunch (own expense) before embarking on a journey to Cape Sounion in the afternoon, passing the beautiful beaches of the Saronic Gulf along the way.
Arrive at the astounding Temple of Poseidon and admire the gleaming white beacon situated on a rocky cliff overlooking the Aegean Sea. Learn about the wonders and history of this incredible site, which was built in 44 BC. Afterward, you’ll be dropped off at your pre-booked Athens hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 2: Mycenae and Epidaurus Day Trip
Take a scenic drive on a coastal road along the Saronic Gulf and arrive in the ancient city of Mycenae, home to the kingdom of Agamemnon, an important figure in Greek mythology. Visit his tomb, the Palace and the Lionesses Gate.
After lunch at a local restaurant, continue your journey and stop in the picturesque town of Nauplia before arriving in Epidaurus, reputed to be the birthplace of Apollo's son Asklepios. One of the most celebrated healing centers of the classical world, Epidaurus is home to the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Sanctuary of Asklepios and Ancient Amphitheatre of Epidaurus, one of the best-preserved classical Greek buildings and still used today due to its amazing acoustics. You’ll get a chance to visit these sites and more on your tour.
After your incredible Greece experience, you’ll be taken comfortably back to your Athens hotel.
Note: You may choose the order of the days of this tour. See the Tour Options section below.