- Combined Athens half-day tour and Mycenae and Epidaurus full-day tour
- Tour the Acropolis and see the sights of modern-day Athens
- Visit the birthplace of Apollo in Epidaurus and tomb of Agamemnon in Mycenae
- Take in views of the scenic drive along the Saronic Gulf coast
- Comfortable journey by air-conditioned coach
- Enjoy a discount by booking these two tours together!
Your half-day tour of Athens provides the perfect overview of this ancient and modern city. In a comfortable coach, drive past the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in front of Parliament House, see the Presidential Palace and cruise past Omonia Square.
Then take in the highlights of ancient Athens at the Acropolis, with a guided tour of the Parthenon, Athena Nike temple and beautiful Porch of the Maidens. You’ll also visit the new Acropolis Museum to learn more about Athens’ legendary hilltop ruins.
Mycenae and Epidaurus Day Trip (Day 1 or Day 2 – your choice):
You’ll need a full day to explore the ancient sites of Mycenae and Epidaurus. Leaving Athens in an air-conditioned coach with your guide, take a scenic drive along the Saronic Gulf coastal road to reach the ancient city of Mycenae, a major center of Greek civilization from 1600 BC to 1100 BC. Once the heart of the legendary kingdom of Agamemnon, the archaeological site here is littered with imposing ruins from the days of Homer’s Iliad and Odyssey. You’ll visit the tomb of Agamemnon, the once-walled palace and the Lionesses Gate.
After a short rest stop in the picturesque seaport of Nauplia, visit Epidaurus, the birthplace of Apollo. This UNESCO World Heritage-listed city was renowned as the most celebrated healing center of the classical world, and you’ll visit its famously well-preserved theater, still used today for classical drama. Lunch is included on this full-day tour.