This small-group cooking class is limited to 12 people, ensuring you'll learn all about Greek cooking in an intimate atmosphere.
- 3-hour Greek cooking class at the Klimataria Tavern in Athens
- Enjoy a glass of raki and learn about traditional family cooking in Greece
- Hone your cooking skills under the watchful eye of Maria, the tavern’s owner
- Prepare four authentic Greek starters and one main course
- Sit down and relax as you enjoy your Greek feast in the tavern
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 12 people provides a personalized experience
Based around colorful foods from both land and sea, the Greek diet is a perfect example of Mediterranean cuisine. During this small-group cooking class, dive right into the Greek food world, learning about heartwarming stews, fresh shellfish and classic flavorings like lemon, cinnamon and oregano that typify Greek gastronomy.
Meet your host in the Monastiraki district of Athens and walk to the popular Klimataria Tavern – the locals’ much-loved eatery. Sandwiched between high-rise buildings, the tavern looks like a little piece of the Greek Islands, with a beautiful vine cascading down the front of the tavern’s brightly colored walls.
Head inside and meet Maria, the owner, who is famous throughout Athens for her delicious home-style cooking. Down a glass of raki (a twice-distilled alcoholic drink made from grapes) and chat with the other food-lovers in your class.
With Maria at your side to show you how traditional Greek cooking is done, prepare and cook an authentic meal consisting of four starters and one main course, using fresh herbs and spices. Dishes vary each class, but typical specialties that you may make include eggplant pies (melitazanopitakia), roasted lamb, tzatziki and Greek salad.
At the end of the class, sit down with your group and enjoy the highlight of your evening – eating the tantalizing feast that you’ve created with your own hands! Relax with wine (own expense) and chat about cooking tips and Greek cuisine with your group!