- 4-hour walking tour around Plaka and the hills of Athens: Philopappou and Mars Hill
- Discover Anafiotika with its scenic whitewashed houses, built in a similar style to those on the Greek islands
- Walk on Rock of Ares (Aereopagus) on Mars Hill and pass Socrates’ Prison
- Admire panoramic views from the top of Philopappou Hill and relax with a picnic and glass of white wine
- Walk along the UNESCO-listed walkways of Philopappou and see Philopappos Monument
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Head up to the hills with an engaging insider guide to discover places that you won't find in guidebooks but are loved by locals. Even if you've been to Athens before, you'll get a lot out of this tour that takes you beyond the typical tourist track.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Arch of HadrianPhoto by: Dyana M
- Some of the beautiful ...Photo by: Renée P
- Changing of the GuardPhoto by: Renée P
- la vue de laéropagePhoto by: laurent F
- Hidden HousesPhoto by: danny1453
- HIdden AthensPhoto by: trudie g
- Awesome viewPhoto by: Aseel A
Kuwait, 01 2014
- National GardenPhoto by: athens
- Plaka homesPhoto by: athens
- Socrates's prisonPhoto by: athens
- GuardsPhoto by: athens
- Church in PlakaPhoto by: athens
- AnafiotikaPhoto by: collr001
- Arch of HadrianPhoto by: collr001
- Changing of guardsPhoto by: collr001
What You Can Expect
Kostas is an amazing guide. Tour absolutely lived up to expectation. Picnic lunch on hillside absolutely charming.
Amazing tour! Definitely a must do!! The tour guide was great and definitely saw things you wouldn and #39;t see on your own!
Kostas was an excellent tour guide and gave us a lot of history and culture of all aspects of Athens.We liked the National Garden and a Palace,seeing local artist artwork,Visiting the oldest church,getting a glimpse of Analfi,tasting delicious liqueur from a 100 year old bar in Plaka,watching the National guards practice and learning that all males must serve the National Guard.The best was a delicious lunch on a Hill right opposite clear view of the Acroplis and Parthenon.We highly recommend this tour to newcomers and repeat ones like ourselves to Athens.Kostas recommended going to the New Acroplis Museum after the tour and we loved it followed by a snack and coffee which was delicious.
Fabulous! Our guide, Costa was very knowledgable and made it fun.
Costos lead a highly enjoyable and informative tour. He is personable, interesting, and led us through areas of town well off the beaten path. He is the perfect guide and this was the perfect experience! Highly recommended!
Our guide, Costas, rates as the best we have experienced in 40 years of travel. He was very informative, personable, open to provide a personal view of his life in Greece, the Greek culture and history, and to show us parts of this city seldom visited. This tour was very different from the formal city tour and greatly increased our appreciation of Athens and its culture.
Kostas, thank you so much! You were very welcoming and we felt like we were meeting an old friend. We saw places we wouldn and #39;t have found on our own. We will
Never forget our first night in Athens, the delicious picnic, and breathtaking sunset. Thank you!
I thoroughly enjoyed this tour! Costas was knowledgable and entertaining. The meeting point was easy to find Evangelismos metro station-make sure you look at the archaeological displays in the station and we walked at a reasonable pace. We passed many of the big sites presidential and PM residences, National Garden, Temple of Zeus, Hadian's Arch, Mars Hill, Plaka and Anafiotika neighborhoods and Philopappou Hill and there was always the added bonus of a hidden gem information or actual site that we would not have found or known on our own. I didnt feel rushed nor did we stop at any souvenir shops. There were several breaks WC and water and lunch was ample and filling.
Great tour. Highly recommend for the beginning or end of your vacation. Very glad we did the evening tour instead of the morning one.
This tour is an absolute must do. It really does take you through parts of Athens you might not normally see, parts definitly worth seeing. So beautiful! The tour guide was super friendly, funny and well informed. He even brought us traditional Greek treats to eat at the end while we watched the sunset. I highly recommend the sunset option of this tour.