- 4-hour walking tour around Plaka and the hills of Athens: Philopappou and Mars Hill
- Discover Anafiotika with its scenic whitewashed houses, built in a similar style to those on the Greek islands
- Walk on Rock of Ares (Aereopagus) on Mars Hill and pass Socrates’ Prison
- Admire panoramic views from the top of Philopappou Hill and relax with a picnic and glass of white wine
- Walk along the UNESCO-listed walkways of Philopappou and see Philopappos Monument
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Head up to the hills with an engaging insider guide to discover places that you won't find in guidebooks but are loved by locals. Even if you've been to Athens before, you'll get a lot out of this tour that takes you beyond the typical tourist track.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Arch of HadrianPhoto by: Dyana M
- Some of the beautiful ...Photo by: Renée P
- Changing of the GuardPhoto by: Renée P
- la vue de laéropagePhoto by: laurent F
- Hidden HousesPhoto by: danny1453
- HIdden AthensPhoto by: trudie g
- Awesome viewPhoto by: Aseel A
Kuwait, 01 2014
- National GardenPhoto by: athens
- Plaka homesPhoto by: athens
- Socrates's prisonPhoto by: athens
- GuardsPhoto by: athens
- Church in PlakaPhoto by: athens
- AnafiotikaPhoto by: collr001
- Arch of HadrianPhoto by: collr001
- Changing of guardsPhoto by: collr001
What You Can Expect
Our guide, Costas, rates as the best we have experienced in 40 years of travel. He was very informative, personable, open to provide a personal view of his life in Greece, the Greek culture and history, and to show us parts of this city seldom visited. This tour was very different from the formal city tour and greatly increased our appreciation of Athens and its culture.
Kostas, thank you so much! You were very welcoming and we felt like we were meeting an old friend. We saw places we wouldn and #39;t have found on our own. We will
Never forget our first night in Athens, the delicious picnic, and breathtaking sunset. Thank you!
I thoroughly enjoyed this tour! Costas was knowledgable and entertaining. The meeting point was easy to find Evangelismos metro station-make sure you look at the archaeological displays in the station and we walked at a reasonable pace. We passed many of the big sites presidential and PM residences, National Garden, Temple of Zeus, Hadian's Arch, Mars Hill, Plaka and Anafiotika neighborhoods and Philopappou Hill and there was always the added bonus of a hidden gem information or actual site that we would not have found or known on our own. I didnt feel rushed nor did we stop at any souvenir shops. There were several breaks WC and water and lunch was ample and filling.
Great tour. Highly recommend for the beginning or end of your vacation. Very glad we did the evening tour instead of the morning one.
This tour is an absolute must do. It really does take you through parts of Athens you might not normally see, parts definitly worth seeing. So beautiful! The tour guide was super friendly, funny and well informed. He even brought us traditional Greek treats to eat at the end while we watched the sunset. I highly recommend the sunset option of this tour.
I thought i had reviewed this brilliant tour. The guide really knew his stuff. We walked at a leisurely pace and enjoyed the beauty of Athens- going into little back alleys that i would definitely have not walked in alone. For the finale of the tour we entered a park opposite the Acropolis and as night fell we watched it light up while enjoying some wine and greek food......wow!! This tour was special and i was so glad to have found it.
Do NOT miss this!! Very professional while at the same time I felt like I was being shown around Athens by a friend. Kostas made things come so alive that it didn and #39;t matter that most of the tour was conducted after dark (late October, evening booking) One of my favourite tours ever!! Outstanding!!
Had a great evening and discovered areas hidden away and heard wonderful anecdotes
Outstanding tour. Truly saw areas only an experienced Athenian who loves the city and its history would know about.
This tour enabled us to see parts of Athens we would probably not have found on our own. We were fortunate enough to be the only people who had booked the morning tour so we had the guide to ourselves. He was a mine of information and was happy to talk to us not just about what we were seeing but also about customs, attitudes and even politics in Greece. The tour was well paced, with enough rest breaks. The picnic on the hill at the observatory provided a really memorable experience.