- Private 4-hour tour of the Byzantine and Christian Museum and National Archaeological Museum
- Visit two incredible Athens history and art museums with an art-expert guide
- Explore the Byzantine and Christian Museum, home to more than 25,000 artifacts
- Hear stories about religious art during the days of Byzantine Greece
- Stroll through the National Archaeological Museum, the largest archaeological exhibition in Greece
- Learn about Greek civilization from the Stone Age through to the Hellenistic period
What You Can Expect
With some 25,000 artifacts on display, the museum is vast, and knowing where to start can be bewildering. Let your guide introduce you to its best bits while learning about the era that stretched roughly from 600 BC to the mid-15th century. Highlights of the museum include a beautiful gallery of Coptic Christian paintings, mosaic icons inside the reconstructed Christian church and a collection of medieval books. The building itself is both beautiful and historic, too: It was once the palace of a Greek duchess.
Enjoy a break in the museum’s on-site café, and then take the metro with your guide to the National Archaeological Museum, the largest archaeological exhibition in Greece. Devoted to ancient Greek art, the exhibition space comprises several spacious rooms featuring art from the Stone Age, Cycladic and Minoan eras, as well as Classical and Hellenistic works. Learn about Greek civilization throughout the different artistic periods while browsing the exhibitions and admiring sculptures, paintings and metalwork.
Your private tour finishes inside the National Archaeological Museum; you can stay inside after your tour, if you wish.