- 8-hour private tour of Ancient Delphi with lunch in the village of Arachova
- Explore the UNESCO-listed archeological site and view the famous Temple of Apollo
- See top Delphi landmarks such as the Athenian Stoa and Polygonal Wall
- Enjoy the views from this wondrous and historical Ancient Greek site
- Visit the Delphi museum and learn about its artifacts from a knowledgeable guide
- Relax over lunch in the picturesque village of Arachova
What You Can Expect
First, pass by Castalia Spring and spend your time viewing its many monuments. With your guide, admire the monument of the Argive kings, the treasury of the Athenians, Athenian Stoa, Polygonal Wall, the monument of Platea and the Temple of Apollo. Enjoy stunning views from the site, once considered by Ancient Greeks as the center of the world. Although your itinerary is planned, the commentary on your private tour can be customized to your interests. Just let your guide know if you have any specific questions!
Continue onward to the Delphi museum and view fascinating exhibits including a frieze of the Treasury of the Sifnians, the Naxian Sphinx, statue of Antinoos and the famous bronze sculpture of a charioteer. The exhibits, coupled with information provided by your guide, complete the picture from the monuments seen earlier on your tour, and give further insight into the role Delphi played in bygone days.
Travel to your next stop: the picturesque and high-altitude village of Arachova. Enjoy a relaxed and unhurried lunch here, at an altitude of roughly 3,117 feet (950 meters) above sea level, tasting products specific to the region and enjoying some original Greek cuisine. Dishes often change, but check out the Itinerary to see a sample menu. Finish the meal with a cup of traditional strong Greek coffee, and then relax in comfort as you travel back to your Athens hotel.
Starter (choice of one):
- Stuffed vine leaves
- Spinach pie
- Fried cheese (such as halloumi)
Main course (choice of one; each served with salad):
- Souvlaki (grilled meat and vegetables served on skewers)
- Grilled chicken
- Giouvetsi (baked beef dish, served with pasta)
Dessert (choice of one):
- Dessert of the day
- Fresh fruit