- Viator Exclusive private 6-hour trip to Cape Sounion, including a 3-course restaurant meal at Vouliagmeni
- Marvel at the cliff-top Greek Temple of Poseidon and enjoy views along the Aegean coast
- Discover why the temple was built and the Greek legends that surround it from your knowledgeable guide
- Feast on a delicious 3-course meal at the seafront Ithaki restaurant in Vouliagmeni Bay
- Choose a morning tour with lunch or an afternoon tour with dinner
- Experience the undivided attention of your guide on this private tour
- This Viator Exclusive tour-and-lunch combination cannot be booked anywhere else!
What You Can Expect
After a 90-minute drive, arrive at Cape Sounion at the southernmost tip of the peninsula and catch a first glimpse of the cliff-top Temple of Poseidon, silhouetted against the sky. Spend time admiring the grand ruins and striking Doric columns of the Greek temple, which dates back to 44 BC and was dedicated to the god of the sea. Learn more about the mighty monument from your guide and spot the graffiti carved onto one of the columns by Lord Byron back in the early 19th century. Don’t forget to bring your camera – the views from the cape stretch far across the Aegean sea and extend all the way to the Peloponnese on a clear day.
Next, hop back into your private vehicle for the 45-minute journey to Vouliagmeni, a romantic seaside town framed by lapping waves and golden beaches. Settle into your seats at Ithaki, one of Attica’s most beautifully situated restaurants, where you’ll enjoy either lunch or dinner depending on the tour option selected. Look out over the dreamy landscapes of Vouliagmeni Bay as you tuck into a 3-course spread of delicious Greek cuisine, made with fresh, seasonal ingredients (sample menu below). With your appetite sated, journey back to Athens, where your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel.
First Course (choice of one):
- Eggplant timbale with goat's cheese and prosciutto
- Green salad
- Farfalle (bow-tie shape pasta) with salmon in fennel cream with salmon roe caviar
- Loukoumades (mini Greek doughnuts) with honey and ice cream
- Half a bottle of mineral water per person
Great tour guide . Very knowledgable and gave us as much time as we wanted for pictures. Beautiful sunset over the sea during our dinner.
My mother and I took this private tour on a cloudy, cool and windy day in late May, but it made for dramatic pictures of the Temple of Apollo and Cape Sounion. The temple was remarkably intact and the many partridges on the site were very cute! The drive to Sounion and back was beautifully smooth thank you, Stavros! and Gina, our guide, was very engaging and knowledgeable about ancient and modern Greece. After our time at the Cape, we were taken to a lovely restaurant in Vouliagmeni with a view of the Aegean and had a nice four-course set lunch. I would recommend this tour to anyone. Thank you both for a wonderful day!
We took a 4 days cruise and visited Athens and did the tourist stuff but all all our experience the private tour to sounion was what I will remember for ever as the best experience of my life. My 2 children were with me all they also agree that it was the best thing of our trip.
This was a highlight of our trip the tour guide and driver were excellent we got to see many different sights alone the way and Cape Sounion was just spectacular and the walk around we had a wonderful meal in Vouliagmeni which was just perfect great local and very very good food and wine.
I can not explain just how amazing this trip was. Worth every penny and more. Our tour guide was the BEST! She treated us like royalty and provided so much history and knowledge is was incredible. I could have spent my whole time in Athens with her just talking about the history. The sites are breathtaking - the lunch was very nice as well. it was the best day we had in Athens by far.