- 2-day tour of Waitomo Caves, Hobbiton and Rotorua from Auckland
- Visit the famous Waitomo Caves and learn how the glowworms radiate a magical luminescent light
- Discover Rotorua's cultural heritage and geothermal activity on a relaxing duck tour by amphibious vehicle!
- Experience real Maori culture at Tamaki Village with rituals, ceremonies, performances, storytelling and a traditional feast
- Admire Te Puia with its thermal mud pools and impressive geysers
- Enjoy a scenic drive across the Kaimai Ranges before you head to the Shire and Middle-earth on a Hobbiton Movie Set tour
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Loved every moment. A great tour even if you are not a fan. So informative, loved the Bus Tour driver commentary. KIA ORA!!!
Overall, the trip was a very good experience. There was a lot packed into the two days. I enjoyed all the trip activities - it was good to go along and try everything, and I rather liked swapping around buses. There were lots of friendly people on the buses including the drivers and the same people would appear at different times and places, like old friends! If you don't have a lot of time, or your own transport, this is a great way to get around. The caves were rather crowded at first, but I was surprised at the extent of the caves - and the quiet boat ride was lovely. Rotorua was fascinating. The Duck Tour was fun and I got to see the lakes around Rotorua. The Maori village was a good combination of factual information and fun, and our driver to and fro the village had a fine singing voice. He also did the actions to the songs - I've never been on a coach before where I've cried with laughter! If you're a Hobbit/Lord of the Rings fan, you'll adore Hobbiton. It was amazing! My sister is totally jealous.
2 words - just do it! Trust me you won't regret it :
The tour was outstanding. It is a wonderful way to see and experience New Zealand in a short amount of time.
This was a truly great experience. The guides were knowledgeable and the experience was wonderful. Any first timer should do this to get an overview. I am already planning an other trip.
This was one of the best tours I have been on. This is a 'not to be missed' tour of anyone visiting the NZ north island. If it can be worked into your schedule, spend additional time in Rotorua.
Amazing experience. Recommended for anyone visiting NZ.
The tour was amazingly beautiful!!
We thoroughly enjoyed this tour. Everything was flawlessly organised and it was so easy having it all done for us. All we had to do was go along and enjoy ourselves. Would highly recommend doing this tour!!! It was absolutely fantastic!!