- America's Cup sailing on Auckland's Waitemata Harbour
- Experience the thrill of sailing aboard an authentic America's Cup racing class yacht
- Sit back and relax or get hands-on and help sail the America's Cup yacht
- Join the crew and participate mate racing America's Cup style (select option at time of booking)
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
There are two sailing options available - choose to join a two hour sailing experience or a three hour match race (begins October).
- Individual 2 hour Sailing Experience: An unforgettable two hour sailing experience. A unique opportunity to participate as crew on an actual America's Cup yacht. Take the helm, exert energy on the grinders or simply sit back and enjoy the ride as we sail the beautiful Waitemata Harbour.
- Individual 3 hour Match Racing: For the ultimate thrill join the crew and participate match racing America's Cup style. Your three hour experience begins in the Viaduct Harbour where you will meet the crew and go through a short race and safety briefing. The yachts then depart the Viaduct Harbour and after a period of practice, the action really starts, when we line up in the pre-start and compete head to head. Sailings subject to weather and minimum numbers apply. No experience necessary.
This tour was amazing!
It was awesome!! The crew was great. We saw some Orcas that came really close to the boat and we followed them for a while. It was so cool.
Tour can only be described as a lot of fun. Mock America's cup sail race over 3 hours was just plain a hoot as the boats competed at a respectful distance between each other..
Bonus offer of free admission to maritine museum also a big plus.
An amazing experience - glorious weather, a great breeze, and a knowledgeable/fun crew.
Exciting, active experience- just what we wanted! It wasn't really clear, but the race is just between two boats owned by the operator. Opportunity to grind on deck almost as much as we wanted- gave a whole new appreciation for racing. Safety emphasized and crew made it fun. We would have enjoyed more explanation on what we were doing, when and why (tacking, raising and lowering spinnaker, etc.). But that doesn't take away from a fantastic and memorable experience.
A great way to enjoy Auckland harbour. The crew's explanation and handling of the yacht was effortless, professional, and clear, enabling all those on board to activity enjoy the pleasure of crewing and steering this wonderful boat.
We had great wind and the crew was very professional. It might be a little daunting to anyone a little shy around the water or has limited mobility.
The whole experience exceeded my expectations as it was a hands on the grinders and steering this magnificent boat although I live in Auckland and have been on the harbor in various boats many times this was some thing to remember. All the crew were so professional and gave freely of their knowledge of sailing. both to me us a and to the many over seas visitors on the boat who also enjoyed this unique time on the water. To match race against another Americas boat is some thing I will never forget and thank goodness my dearest Wife gave me this as a Xmas gift. I will certainly recommend this to all my friends and colleagues .
It was fabulous. We had great wind and the guys handling the boat were a long of fun while still doing a great job of boat handling. Would definitely recommend it! Thanks
Having the opportunity to sail on the NZL 41 was, and remains, one of the most enjoyable and memorable experiences of our holiday. We were encouraged to participate by the charming crew and also enjoyed the stunning views of Aukland from the harbour. Everyone who goes to Aukland should have a go at sailing this former Americas Cup Yacht.