- America's Cup sailing on Auckland's Waitemata Harbour
- Experience the thrill of sailing aboard an authentic America's Cup racing class yacht
- Sit back and relax or get hands-on and help sail the America's Cup yacht
- Join the crew and participate mate racing America's Cup style (select option at time of booking)
What You Can Expect
There are two sailing options available - choose to join a two hour sailing experience or a three hour match race (begins October).
- Individual 2 hour Sailing Experience: An unforgettable two hour sailing experience. A unique opportunity to participate as crew on an actual America's Cup yacht. Take the helm, exert energy on the grinders or simply sit back and enjoy the ride as we sail the beautiful Waitemata Harbour.
- Individual 3 hour Match Racing: For the ultimate thrill join the crew and participate match racing America's Cup style. Your three hour experience begins in the Viaduct Harbour where you will meet the crew and go through a short race and safety briefing. The yachts then depart the Viaduct Harbour and after a period of practice, the action really starts, when we line up in the pre-start and compete head to head. Sailings subject to weather and minimum numbers apply. No experience necessary.
My husband, son and I went on this trip, it was great fun, the staff were very helpful and friendly, as were the other passengers. It was our first time ever yachting, and although we had little wind, we had a great experience. Next time we are back in Auckland we hope to do the match racing sailing. Highly recommend.
Excellent in every way:
Skipper and crew were very competent and enjoyed showing their boat off;
Even saw the new AC 72 cats being trialled