- America's Cup sailing on Auckland's Waitemata Harbour
- Experience the thrill of sailing aboard an authentic America's Cup racing class yacht
- Sit back and relax or get hands-on and help sail the America's Cup yacht
- Join the crew and participate mate racing America's Cup style (select option at time of booking)
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
There are two sailing options available - choose to join a two hour sailing experience or a three hour match race (begins October).
- Individual 2 hour Sailing Experience: An unforgettable two hour sailing experience. A unique opportunity to participate as crew on an actual America's Cup yacht. Take the helm, exert energy on the grinders or simply sit back and enjoy the ride as we sail the beautiful Waitemata Harbour.
- Individual 3 hour Match Racing: For the ultimate thrill join the crew and participate match racing America's Cup style. Your three hour experience begins in the Viaduct Harbour where you will meet the crew and go through a short race and safety briefing. The yachts then depart the Viaduct Harbour and after a period of practice, the action really starts, when we line up in the pre-start and compete head to head. Sailings subject to weather and minimum numbers apply. No experience necessary.
It was awesome!! The crew was great. We saw some Orcas that came really close to the boat and we followed them for a while. It was so cool.
Tour can only be described as a lot of fun. Mock America's cup sail race over 3 hours was just plain a hoot as the boats competed at a respectful distance between each other..
Bonus offer of free admission to maritine museum also a big plus.