- America's Cup sailing on Auckland's Waitemata Harbour
- Experience the thrill of sailing aboard an authentic America's Cup racing class yacht
- Sit back and relax or get hands-on and help sail the America's Cup yacht
- Join the crew and participate mate racing America's Cup style (select option at time of booking)
What You Can Expect
There are two sailing options available - choose to join a two hour sailing experience or a three hour match race (begins October).
- Individual 2 hour Sailing Experience: An unforgettable two hour sailing experience. A unique opportunity to participate as crew on an actual America's Cup yacht. Take the helm, exert energy on the grinders or simply sit back and enjoy the ride as we sail the beautiful Waitemata Harbour.
- Individual 3 hour Match Racing: For the ultimate thrill join the crew and participate match racing America's Cup style. Your three hour experience begins in the Viaduct Harbour where you will meet the crew and go through a short race and safety briefing. The yachts then depart the Viaduct Harbour and after a period of practice, the action really starts, when we line up in the pre-start and compete head to head. Sailings subject to weather and minimum numbers apply. No experience necessary.
We had great wind and the crew was very professional. It might be a little daunting to anyone a little shy around the water or has limited mobility.
The whole experience exceeded my expectations as it was a hands on the grinders and steering this magnificent boat although I live in Auckland and have been on the harbor in various boats many times this was some thing to remember. All the crew were so professional and gave freely of their knowledge of sailing. both to me us a and to the many over seas visitors on the boat who also enjoyed this unique time on the water. To match race against another Americas boat is some thing I will never forget and thank goodness my dearest Wife gave me this as a Xmas gift. I will certainly recommend this to all my friends and colleagues .