- 4.5-hour whale and dolphin watching cruise, from Auckland
- Ride aboard a custom-built luxury catamaran for a superb viewing experience
- Keep your eyes peeled for dolphins and as many as six types of whales
- Observe gannets that hunt by plunging into the water at speeds of up to 87 mph (140 kmh)
- Listen to entertaining and informative commentary provided by your captain and crew
- Departs from the Viaduct Harbour, conveniently located in downtown Auckland
What You Can Expect
Some 23 different species call the Hauraki Gulf home, including the native Bryde’s whale. You'll never know what you're going to see around these waters, but it might be bottlenose dolphins that are frequently spotted playing around the boats, or seabirds such as Australasian gannets, petrels, shearwaters, white-fronted terns, and penguins.
Throughout your tour, your captain and the guides share informative and entertaining commentary about these critters of the Hauraki Gulf Marine Park, considered one of the world’s most biologically and geographically diverse marine parks. Learn about the animals that your crew tracks and the research that they conduct in tandem with local marine scientists.
While wildlife viewings cannot be guaranteed, dolphins and whales are often swimming around the waters. In the event that you do not see any marine mammals during your trip, you can go again another day at no extra charge.
Auckland weather is fickle, so dressing in warm layers and weatherproof gear is recommended. A sun hat (with chin strap to secure it), sunscreen, sunglasses, camera, binoculars and flat-soled shoes are also good essentials for your trip.
After your 4.5-hour cruise, your boat returns to Auckland where your tour ends.