- 4.5-hour whale and dolphin watching cruise, from Auckland
- Ride aboard a custom-built luxury catamaran for a superb viewing experience
- Keep your eyes peeled for dolphins and as many as six types of whales
- Observe gannets that hunt by plunging into the water at speeds of up to 87 mph (140 kmh)
- Listen to entertaining and informative commentary provided by your captain and crew
- Departs from the Viaduct Harbour, conveniently located in downtown Auckland
What You Can Expect
A well worth touring, we see several whales, very big one, swimming elegantly in the ocean. And hundres of dolphines.
Brilliant, no whales but hundreds of Dolphins. Crew were knowledgable and looked after everyone well. Only problem I had was that Viator had booked me under a name I had never heard of even though my voucher had the correct name.
Fantastic! We had a wonderful afternoon on board the whale and dolphin safari boat. We didn't see whales but did see a pod of over 200 dolphins swimming under and around our boat. The dolphins herd the fish into a ball underwater and then the Gannets hundreds of them are also there feeding and dive bombing for fish. We felt like we were on a National Geographic excursion. This trip was a top highlight of our trip to Auckland. Professional staff and crew and very friendly and informative. Lots of time to take pictures and take in the wonderful scenery. A most pleasant and relaxing excursion. Viator was a great way to book.
I would recommend to anyone, the crew are incredibly helpful and knowledgable. They are great when it comes to tracking and really know what they what they are doing, we saw byrdes whales and common dolphins as well as feeding frenzies. They dont harass the animals and teach you about the ocean.
Fabulous day. Seeing the dolphins, whale and birds in their natural habitats was amazing. The trip is a must.
a lot of dolphins :-
no whales :-