Discover the vibrant city of Auckland with flexibility and ease on a hop-on hop-off bus across all major sites and attractions. Complete with audio commentary, you're free to hop-on and off at your leisure. If you have limited time - this is the perfect way to explore the city, especially if this is your first visit to Auckland.
Recent Photos of This Tour
le voilierPhoto by: Ghislaine R
en busPhoto by: Ghislaine R
Maori's world !!Photo by: Bharat Shah
USA, 01 2014
Wonderful dayPhoto by: Chayapatt K
Hop On Hop Off Bus AucklandPhoto by: vivyenemunro
Australia, 12 2012
20111226 005Photo by: Hulkie
Australia, 01 2012
IMG_0036Photo by: Graham H
Sky Tower, AucklandPhoto by: Robyn R
Australia, 06 2010
Auckland Sky TowerPhoto by: Anonymous
All aboard!Photo by: LEILANI L
Australia, 02 2009
What You Can Expect
The Auckland Hop-on Hop-off tour includes commentary and visits the "Big 14 Attractions" of Auckland. Buses leave every 30 minutes in summer and hourly in winter. Explore the likes of Kelly Tarlton's Sea Life Aquarium, Auckland Museum, Mt Eden and the Sky Tower to name just a few.
Valid for one or two days, the Auckland hop-on hop-off tour takes one-hour to complete an entire loop, or you can choose to hop-on and off during the day visiting Auckland's attractions along the way.
There is a comprehensive audio commentary on the bus as it travels around the loop. The audio commentary is available in English only.
Chinese, French, Korean, Japanese, Spanish , Portuguese and German timetable is available from the driver.
Auckland Hop-on Hop off stops:
- Ferry Building - Built in 1912 as a centerpiece to the harbour, and operates ferry services to Devenport and Hauruki Gulf islands
- Bastion Point Lookout- Short walk to Mission Bay Beach and offers views of Hauraki Gulf and Waitemata Harbour
- Kelly Tarltons Sea Life Aquarium - Home to an extensive display of aquatic life and largest penguin colony in captivity
- Parnell Rose Park Gardens - Visit between October and April to see the blooms at their best!
- Holy Trinity Cathedral - A place of worship, learning, art and architecture
- Auckland Museum - Three expansive levels house the history of New Zealand within its walls
- Parnell Village - Oldest suburb in New Zealand with great galleries, cafes, restaurants and charming boutique-style stores
- Civic Theater Corner - The main street of down town Auckland and a short walk to the Auckland Art Gallery
- Sky City and Sky Tower - See the city from a vantage point of 192m above street level, sky walk around the tower or sky jump if you dare!
Auckland Explorer Blue Circle stops:
- Winter Gardens - Lovely duck pond set within a natural spring
- Eden Gardens - Described and New Zealand's best kept secret, this garden is a delightful mix of art and craft gardening
- Mt Eden - Auckland's highest point with great views overlooking the city and harbour
- St Lukes Westfield Shopping Center - Auckland's largest shopping mall
- Auckland Zoo - The largest collection of native and exotic animals in New Zealand
- Museum of Transport and Technology - Take an interactive journey and see how technology has shaped New Zealand
very well organized with excellent info and suggestions
However one driver left me standing at the Aquarium after he saw me waving and just left with my friends inside the bus asking him to stop he still didnt.
the postings for these buses not very well visable every where and bus drivers dont tell you where to be when you want back on or the time
A lot of fun and very good price
Your tour guides/bus drivers were all great! Thank you!!!
This was a great way to see the city in a short amount of time. It's also way more efficient and cost effective than cabs or other forms of public transit when you don't know where you're going and don't have time to get lost.
Highlight of this tour was the viewing of the 'corpse fower' in the winter garden June 19, 2015. Very nice experience.
The routes were great and provided enough time to enjoy the sights. The tour guides were also very knowledgeable.
This tour is great but during winter the bus interval is one hour and the sights close early so you don't see a lot due to time constraint.
The hop on and hop off tour offers a good and economical tour around Auckland. The tour covers the whole city in one day. The drivers are friendly and knowledgeable on the history and some trivias. We stopped at the War Museum and the Sea Life. However, the 1 hour interval during winter is quite long.
This tour was amazing!
Auckland hop on hop off was awesome, I got off the cruise ship and just around the corner was able to hop on the bus, it takes you to all places that matter and the bus drivers we had were very knowledgeable about Auckland which really help all up I would highly recommend this tour great.