- Hop-on hop-off bus tour of Auckland
- Create your own sightseeing itinerary
- Stay on the bus for the loop or hop off to visit Auckland attractions
- Listen to informative commentary on board
- Bus ticket valid for one or two days
Recent Photos of This Tour
- le voilierPhoto by: Ghislaine R
- en busPhoto by: Ghislaine R
- Maori's world !!Photo by: Bharat Shah
USA, 01 2014
- Wonderful dayPhoto by: Chayapatt K
- Hop On Hop Off Bus AucklandPhoto by: vivyenemunro
Australia, 12 2012
- 20111226 005Photo by: Hulkie
Australia, 01 2012
- IMG_0036Photo by: Graham H
- Sky Tower, AucklandPhoto by: Robyn R
Australia, 06 2010
- Auckland Sky TowerPhoto by: Anonymous
- All aboard!Photo by: LEILANI L
Australia, 02 2009
What You Can Expect
If you’d like, hop on and off throughout the day to explore Auckland on your own or visit top attractions. Discover New Zealand history at the Auckland Museum, meet King and Gentoo penguins at Kelly Tarlton's SEA LIFE Aquarium, and soak up the city skyline from the Sky Tower, to name a few.
Auckland Hop-On Hop Off Stops
Red Circle Route:
- Philips Corner/Princes Wharf - Entrance to the Viaduct harbour and Princes Wharf is Auckland's 2nd cruise ship terminal with many restaurants
- Bastion Point Lookout- Short walk to Mission Bay Beach and offers views of Hauraki Gulf and Waitemata Harbour
- Kelly Tarltons Sea Life Aquarium - Home to an extensive display of aquatic life and largest penguin colony in captivity
- Parnell Rose Park Gardens - Visit between October and April to see the blooms at their best!
- Holy Trinity Cathedral - A place of worship, learning, art and architecture
- Auckland Museum - Three expansive levels house the history of New Zealand within its walls
- Parnell Village - Oldest suburb in New Zealand with great galleries, cafes, restaurants and charming boutique-style stores
- Civic Theater Corner - The main street of down town Auckland and a short walk to the Auckland Art Gallery
- Sky City and Sky Tower - See the city from a vantage point of 192m above street level, sky walk around the tower or sky jump if you dare!
Blue Circle Route:
- Winter Gardens - Lovely duck pond set within a natural spring
- Eden Gardens - Described and New Zealand's best kept secret, this garden is a delightful mix of art and craft gardening
- Mt Eden - Auckland's highest point with great views overlooking the city and harbour
- St Lukes Westfield Shopping Center - Auckland's largest shopping mall
- Auckland Zoo - The largest collection of native and exotic animals in New Zealand
- Museum of Transport and Technology - Take an interactive journey and see how technology has shaped New Zealand
The Hop On Hop Off bus tour is an essential tool if you want to explore Auckland on your own. Be aware though that unlike in Europe, there is only one bus for either line red or blue that is continuously going around in a loop and it comes at the stop every 30 minutes. That said, you need to time your visits or you'll be spending a lot of time waiting. I felt that we weren't able to visit all places that we wanted because it was raining that day. My tip would be for you to get the 2-day pass because that way, you save money and you're not too pressed for time either. Plenty of sights to see out there!
great tour bus. it was the best of all the hop on hop off bus tours we were on. very good information on all the sites in multiple languages. buses ran often so that you could get off and on without any concern about thinking that you might not get another bus or would have to wait long.
Good way to see the city and experience what Auckland has to offer
Our tour bus drivers were excellent, thoroughly enjoyed the scenery and the places of interest pointed out. Very well done!!
Great way of seeing Auckland. Buses on time, commentary excellent.
Very easy and fun way to sightsee. Convenient. Loved it!
We spent 2 days on this tour and enjoyed the flexability.
Excellent, we were able to get around the city easily, although a little disappointed as we wanted to visit the MOTAT museum. We got to the stop only to be informed it was closed. We wish the driver had mentioned this at the pick up.
I did enjoy getting off the bus and walking up the mountain and all the buses were on time that I used.
Great way to see the city on our three day visit pre-cruise. Also for cruise passengers, it would be very convenient to access right from the cruise terminal, just steps to the Ferry Building. Highly recommend the Auckland Museum.