- Coast and rainforest small-group tour from Auckland
- See breathtaking panoramic views from the Tasman Sea to the Pacific Ocean
- Walk on the soft black sand of an awe-inspiring west coast beach
- Enjoy a picnic lunch before taking a stroll in a lush rainforest and see 1,000-year-old kauri trees
- Enter the Arataki Visitor Center, gateway to the Waitakere Ranges
- View traditional Maori carvings
- Small-group tour ensures a personalized experience with your guide
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
Your first stop is the Arataki Visitor Centre, within Auckland's largest regional park, Waitakere Ranges Regional Park. Marvel at the breathtaking panoramic views from the center’s sweeping decks, extending from the Tasman Sea to the Pacific Ocean; absorb the area's history; and admire the traditional Maori carvings standing guard.
Continue further west with your knowledgeable guide to Auckland’s wild and rugged west coast, and experience the area’s sense of isolation. You’ll take a guided walk through Auckland's coastal rainforest to learn more about the local flora and fauna, and see giant tree ferns growing alongside picturesque streams. You’ll also have the opportunity to take a stroll along a magnificent west coast beach, experiencing the uniqueness of the black sand beach and enjoying the fresh ocean breeze.
Enjoy a Kiwi-style picnic lunch at a scenic location, before your journey takes you to an area of untouched original rainforest with mature 1,000-year-old kauri trees. As you walk among New Zealand's famous kauri trees and native birds, you’ll hear how the country has existed for millions of years, separate from the rest of the world, and so has evolved in isolation to produce its own unique flora and fauna -- 70% of the country’s native plants are found nowhere else in the world!
Worry-free Shore Excursion: We will ensure your timely return to the Auckland cruise port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.