- Matakana Coast food and wine tour
- Enjoy wine tastings at local vineyards
- Visit Morris and James Pottery and see craftsmen at work
- Enjoy lunch at Mahurangi River Winery
- Try the delectable handmade chocolates at Chocolate Brown
- Small-group tour ensures a personalized experience with your guide
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Your small-group tour of the Matakana Coast starts with a visit to the family-run Honey Centre. See New Zealand’s largest display of live bees at work making delicious honeys that you can taste, as well as mead (honey wine) and fruit wine.
Next stop is a local winery, where you will taste award-winning wines. Then enjoy a visit to Morris and James Pottery to admire the colors, sculpture and designs of the local craftsmen.
Admire the contemporary architecture and stunning pastoral views as you sit down to a delicious lunch at Mahurangi River Winery. After lunch, tour the winery and visit the barrel room for a tasting of wine made from their locally grown grapes.
In the afternoon, visit the Brick Bay Sculpture Park, an outdoor sculpture gallery set among towering native trees, large majestic palms and green pastures. Enjoy another wine tasting in the unique Glass House building overlooking the celebrated Brick Bay Vineyard.
Finish the day at Chocolate Brown and indulge in a tasting of delectable, handmade chocolates, before returning to Auckland.
Please note: Winery tours and lunch venue are subject to change due to seasonality.
Worry-free Shore Excursion: We will ensure your timely return to the Auckland cruise port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.