- Winery tour of the North Island's West Coast wine region from Auckland
- Visit two or three wineries and sample local wine varieties like chardonnay and pinot noir
- Learn about wine making in the region from your knowledgeable guide and winery staff
- Enjoy views of the Tasman Sea, and see Muriwai black-sand beach and the Takapu gannet colony (if morning departure selected)
- Travel in comfort and style in a deluxe, air-conditioned minivan
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
If you've selected the morning tour option, you'll stop on the way to look out over the magnificent Muriwai black-sand beach on the wild Tasman Sea coast, and then take a short walk to the popular Takapu gannet colony, where you can get an up-close look at these large sea birds and take advantage of great photo ops. If you've chosen the afternoon tour option, you'll visit an additional winery instead.
At both a large established winery and a smaller boutique label, taste a range of New Zealand’s wines, from chardonnay to pinot noir to Bordeaux-style. During your guided winery visits (either two or three, depending on option selected), you'll also discover why the West Auckland region is known for its wide-ranging varieties of wines, made from grapes grown in such world-famous wine areas as the South Island’s Marlborough and Central Otago, and the North Island’s Hawke’s Bay and Gisborne.
Your trip back to the Auckland port takes you along the Tasman Sea for fabulous views of this wild, rugged coastline. You'll then arrive back at the waterfront in time to re-board your ship.
Worry-free Shore Excursion: We will ensure your timely return to the Auckland cruise port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.