- Full-day trip from Auckland to Waitangi, Paihia and Russell in the Bay of Islands
- Guided tour of Waitangi Treaty House
- Bay of Islands ferry trip between Paihia and Russell
- Guided tour of Russell and free time to shop or dine
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Free time in Paihia
- Entertaining and informative commentary from your friendly driver/guide
- Pickup and drop off from selected city-centre Auckland hotels
Recent Photos of this Tour
At Russell, you'll join a fascinating mini-tour of the area with a local guide. After the tour you'll have lunch (if option selected) or free time to wander and enjoy the cafes, museums and craft shops along the waterfront. You'll also have plenty of time to explore the arcades and shops in Paihia before reboarding your coach back to Auckland.
Reviewed by Louis S, Australia, May 2013
The drive up to the Bay of Islands is about 3 hours however 2 stops are suitable. The actual Bay of Islands is very beautiful and the tour of the Treaty grounds and the mini bus tour of Russell were excellent.
Reviewed by Ian S, March 2013
We enjoyed an excellent trip to the Bay of Islands - wish we could have spent longer there. The arrangements worked extremely well although we would have liked more tome at the Treaty Grounds - the difficulty in coordinating different tours on the same trip meant that some of our party had to get back to the wharf to start another activity.
The driver was excellent and provided a really good commentary on the journey. All in all we had a great time - the only drawback was the boneshaker of a coach.